Search similar:

uniqs

weedb0y
@bellmobilite.ca

weedb0y

Anon

[Unlock] Help! Trying to unlock a RTP300 with fw 3.1.24

Hi,

I purchased a unit off Kijiji only to find that it's locked. It's not a Vonage box but has a sticker from CIKTelecom.

The firmware on the Linksys RTP300 unit is: 3.1.24

I am trying to access the Voice menu to load up my SIP settings from Freephoneline.

I have tried to use CYT tool but it's not going beyond "XML Server Started".

I can access the web menu through IE but not Firefox.

Please advice.
weedb0y

weedb0y

Anon

I have been able to get into their Firmware upgrade option by using: Admin/cikvoip (had to call their tech support).

However, Voice is stlil not working and tech guys don't seem to know why.

Is there a way to load up a modded firmware that can unlock the unit this way?

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to weedb0y

to weedb0y
The CYT unlocker won't do anything for you because it's specific to the Vonage firmware 1.00.xx
Is there anything in the Restricted Access Domains field ? (under the VoIP section, System tab). That could prevent it from registering with other services.
If not, clear the VoIP passwords then do a factory reset (hold the reset button down for 8-10 seconds, until the lights start flashing). See if it still requires a password for the Admin user.
If it still requires a password, the unit is probably customized to CIK and you have to remove that customization in order to make it work. A different firmware won't help you. You have to erase the flash partition that holds the customization data. This could be done in a couple ways: if you can enable SSH, login to it via SSH, then run the command
dd bs=65536 if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mtd/9

Then do a factory reset.
If you can't enable SSH (can't remember if it's available in that firmware version), you can install Firefox with the Developer plugin, then go to the Diagnostic page / Ping, remove maximum lengths then enter this in the address field and click Ping:
127.0.0.1 & dd bs=65536 if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mtd/9

Again, you need to do a factory reset after this.

weedb0y
@distributel.net

weedb0y

Anon

Thanks,

I am unable to access the "Voice" section but have been able to access Admin --> Firmware Update.

I guess I need to use the firefox plugin to erase that. I'll try to see if I can find the SSH option.

Weedb0y
@distributel.net

Weedb0y

Anon

Thank you, you are my god!

That got rid of the settings! Interestingly, the voice section's fw version shows 3.1.22 now.

It's working great on freephoneline now. Thanks again.

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

said by Weedb0y :

Thank you, you are my god!

That got rid of the settings! Interestingly, the voice section's fw version shows 3.1.22 now.

It's working great on freephoneline now. Thanks again.

That is the correct version for the Voice module in firmware 3.1.24
ottawa2011
join:2011-06-03
Gloucester, ON

ottawa2011 to weedb0y

to weedb0y
I am not a tek savvy, so can anyone help me explain "add Developer plugin, then go to the Diagnostic page / Ping, remove maximum lengths then enter this in the address field and click Ping"?

I did googled developer plugin, but only found GWT developer tools. I installed it but can not find diagnostic page. Any details step by step? Thanks.

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

said by ottawa2011:

I am not a tek savvy, so can anyone help me explain "add Developer plugin, then go to the Diagnostic page / Ping, remove maximum lengths then enter this in the address field and click Ping"?

I did googled developer plugin, but only found GWT developer tools. I installed it but can not find diagnostic page. Any details step by step? Thanks.

First of all, if your router's firmware is not version 3.1.x, this will not help you.
- install Firefox
- install Firefox developer plugin (»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· veloper/)
- use the Firefox browser to login to the router's config page
- in the router's configuration pages, there is a section for diagnostic (I think under the Administration tab, I don't have a router to look at right now) that allows you to ping an IP address. In that page, use the Firefox developer pluging to remove the maximum lengths, then paste those commands in the field for the ip address to ping