Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mike1965
Geek4rent

join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

[IL] Outage in Marion, Illinois?

anyone else out in Marion, IL or carbondale? Thank god i went to a dual wan router and have DSL too LOL

mine went out thirsday morning...then came back on..no one could explain why......tech support lines were down so could not talk to anyone.

tonight i call in....tech support says they need to send a tech out the 15th because they cannot comminucate with my modem (i am like duh huh i have 2 lights flashing why u think i called) LOL

anyhow asked for a supervisor and he tells me there is a utilization isue in this area and 2 techs are working on it...so I guess we shall see

what is sad is, i dropped mediacom 5 years ago because of all these issues.........maybe some things do not change?
--
Join the fight against Verizon Wireless forced data
»tiny.cc/vuANS
Free computer help »geek4rent.us

Fire Fighter Forum »firetooltrader.com

Southern Illinois Business Directory »www.thesouthernillinoisguide.com

sub42ox7one

join:2009-09-08
Having issues in Marion as well, last few days its been screwy. One minute its fine then the next I can't even ping google.com.

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
Still down here...not sure what is going on

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
reply to mike1965
interesting....after they installed me, they said I failed the EDGE test,,,,said I had too much signal......so they came back and put a splitter in right behind the modem to lower signal......I just removed that splitter and hooked direct to the modem and am now back online

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
reply to mike1965
Haven't had problems at all since the round of big storms that came though last month.

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
said by kwbelt1:

Haven't had problems at all since the round of big storms that came though last month.

well mine has went out twice since tueday when it was installed.....seems the splitter they installed might be the issue......been up solid since I took it out

lhollow

join:2010-12-02
IL
They said you had too much signal when the did the install, but what is the modem reporting now?

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
said by lhollow:

They said you had too much signal when the did the install, but what is the modem reporting now?

Than is what they said,....they have some test called EDGE and it failed with too much signal is what the tech said .....my wife will be off work here shortly and I am going to hook direct to the modem and see I will post here shortly what it is.
--
Join the fight against Verizon Wireless forced data
»tiny.cc/vuANS
Free computer help »geek4rent.us

Fire Fighter Forum »firetooltrader.com

Southern Illinois Business Directory »www.thesouthernillinoisguide.com

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
reply to mike1965
current signals

FreedTech

join:2011-02-24
united state
If these signals are after you had the splitter taken out then that was defiantly your issue. A simple 2 way would put your signals pretty low.
I still think your downstream is too low for your power level to be that low as well.

mike1965
Geek4rent

Marion, IL
said by FreedTech:

If these signals are after you had the splitter taken out then that was defiantly your issue. A simple 2 way would put your signals pretty low.
I still think your downstream is too low for your power level to be that low as well.

yes this is AFTER