share rss forum feed

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

E-faxing with voip.ms rumors?

I heard on another forum (probably VoIP Tech Chat) that voip.ms is planning on implementing e-faxing services for its customers. Is it true? How would it be implemented? Via upload through the customer portal, e-mail? Receiving to e-mail should be easy enough.. How would it get billed? Any info from the voip.ms staff?
--
I'm pretty sure the small hole isn't a reset button, but is actually a microphone hole. So best not to stick anything inside it. (credit: Rashdan@slatedroid)

FiReSTaRT
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

I just saw it on the Feature Request page and it's "Approved for Development." While I don't do much faxing, it's still a useful tool for occasional use until the technology dies, especially when dealing with governments and some stone age corps.
--
I'm pretty sure the small hole isn't a reset button, but is actually a microphone hole. So best not to stick anything inside it. (credit: Rashdan@slatedroid)

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
reply to FiReSTaRT

This is an interesting question, I too would be interested about this technology, for commercial use. Yes we still need to be retro compatible with everyone not smart enough to use e-mail with attachment.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

said by vitesse:

This is an interesting question, I too would be interested about this technology, for commercial use. Yes we still need to be retro compatible with everyone not smart enough to use e-mail with attachment.

As a light user, I wouldn't mind paying 10c per fax or 5c per page. There could also be a flat fee structure for those heavy faxers. 90% of my faxes have to do with speeding tickets that I receive (disclosure requests, constitutional challenges), and then I have the odd business or government agency that is still stuck in the 19th century.
--

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
reply to FiReSTaRT

Any news on this one? Anyone from Voip.ms could answer this?