All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

flwepwr
@comcast.net

flwepwr to mojoboogie

Anon

to mojoboogie

Re: Did I buy a stolen Arris telephony/modem?

1. go to the »www.fcc.gov/complaints web site.
2. File a complaint against both Comcast and the company you purchased the modem from.
3. Let them figure out who wants to make it right or get investigated by the governement.

I know Comcast has a policy to not support that modem, but that does not mean it s a legal policy, and suddenly things change when governments threaten to investigate. It may be Comcast has every right to not let it in, and the other company needs to take care of it, it may be comcast employees are being lazy and will change their mind when a regional sup starts chewing back side off them, either way it takes 5 minutes whats the worst that could happen? They say they cannot help you? I'll bet it ends differently.
66670986 (banned)
join:2011-05-17
Orem, UT

1 edit

66670986 (banned)

The problem is with Comcast as they post on their website Comcast.com a list of approved modems that you can buy that work with their system. Then when you try and register it, they violate anti-trust laws by telling you the only modem they will let you use is an Arris TM722G because they have a deal with Arris to sell them marked way up through certain Best Buy stores. Then they will charge you for a Tech to come out and make a few phone calls to activate it for you. I am telling all you out there who aren't so ignorant to believe all this BS that trouble 1% of society likes to stir up, that Ownyourmodem.com has sold hundreds of different Arris models to help people avoid the Comcast price monopoly. So quite listening to the 1% and you 1% quit ruining it for everyone else with your blind chatter!