All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

someone912
@comcast.net

someone912

Anon

[DVR] Comcast posted a page + videos on Spectrum!!

»spectrum.comcast.net/webportal/

Lots of great, new information about Spectrum! It may be getting closer to launch!!

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Looks pretty slick. Certainly a big step up from where we are now. Thanks.

someone912
@comcast.net

someone912 to someone912

Anon

to someone912
The site required me to log in but is showing me all the information, even though I don't have Spectrum service. I contacted a chat representative using the link on the page and she told me that my area (Little Rock, AR) is being finalized and the service should be ready in about 4-5 weeks. Here is some information I've found from the site, in case you guys can't access it:

User guide: »spectrum.comcast.net/web ··· 6.11.pdf
Remote control guide: »spectrum.comcast.net/web ··· 6.11.pdf

Here is the entire FAQ page text: »pastebin.com/P8hqLArP

The remote is now RF so you don't have to point it at the box. The apps available are: Weather, Pandora, Traffic, and Facebook. You apparently have to go online to configure the apps. The box offers recommendations. The last button now will show the last 9 channels or videos you've watched. On Demand has a major overhaul in interface. Live, skip back, and A B and C buttons removed from the remote; the remote looks a lot simpler now. You can now search by using letters on each number. You have a PIN for the box that's the first 4 letters of your Comcast.net password. You can record 3 programs and watch another, and the buffer is 30 minutes for HD shows when watching live. Caller ID works, and, according to my chat representative, AnyRoom DVR also works!

This is going to be a VERY amazing service from Comcast and a huge improvement from iGuide. I can't believe we're going to have such an awesome service in just weeks!

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

said by someone912 :

I can't believe we're going to have such an awesome service in just weeks!

Don"t hold your breath!

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to someone912

MVM

to someone912
Man I'm tapping on the videos on my iPad and they won't play.

User guide makes it seem cool though.
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to someone912

to someone912
A decent amount of space on it.
Much more than my current one.

Q: How many hours of programming can I store on my DVR?

A: Currently, the XFINITY Spectrum DVR which can record a maximum of:

•120 hours of High-Definition Programming OR
•600 hours of Standard-Definition Programming
Marcus Carr
join:2009-04-08
Baltimore, MD

Marcus Carr

Thats 4 times what my DVR can hold.

someone912
@comcast.net

someone912 to aguiar0016

Anon

to aguiar0016
Looks like 500GB, like the DCX3400M. I'm just wondering if we'll have to get new AnyRoom DVR satellite boxes to work with this one, since it's a Pace box...

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro to someone912

Premium Member

to someone912
Looks slick like a modern interface that we should have had 5 years ago with the money they charge,all really I care about though is my 30 sec. channel skip,that feature alone to me is worth keeping my old cable boxes,haven't seen any news on that particular feature hopefully we get some new info soon.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to someone912

Premium Member

to someone912
I just got off chat about when XFINITY Spectrum will be released in Northeast Philly and they do not know right now. But they did say there is a very good chance it will be released before the end of the year 2011 in my area.
lynxexp
join:2010-08-17

1 recommendation

lynxexp

I would take anything the outsourced chat says with a grain of salt.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

MVM

to someone912
I was able to put the videos on my YouTube channel (for those without a Comcast login).

»bit.ly/mNMZn3

Also I tipped @rjcc at EngadgetHD and he ran a story today.

»www.engadget.com/2011/06 ··· ns-thur/
nashman222
join:2010-11-15
Nashville, TN

nashman222 to someone912

to someone912
This looks great. But I'm sure getting new boxes to customers will take a while.
I know it's too early to know, but will some level of functionality work on older cable boxes? Just the new guide would be great.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to someone912

to someone912
I heard 2012 for my area.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

Does anyone know if it will support the 30 sec skip "egg", like the Moto's do?
Does it support the 5-min "page up/down" skip feature?

Sorry, but regardless of all the other "bling" it might have, no 30-sec skip IS a deal-breaker for me...

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to someone912

to someone912
what am i supposed to do? I don't want another dcx but my current dvr needs replacing and can't wait a year.
chadb97
join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

chadb97

If you have a Comcast office close by you can swap out boxes anytime you want. That's the beauty of Comcast over say Directv. You can always just replace your dvr with a DCX now, and then swap that out for the Spectrum whenever it arrives at your local office.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

1 edit

mikedz4

I don't want another archaic dcx box.
Rather than keep switching I will probably keep my bad box until I can get the spectrum box.

He didn't even say when the spectrum would be available.
chadb97
join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

chadb97

said by mikedz4:

I don't want another archaic dcx box.
Rather than keep switching I will probably keep my bad box until I can get the spectrum box.

He didn't even say when the spectrum would be available.

I was just saying that you could switch boxes to at least get one that works while waiting for the Spectrum.

Nobody knows when Spectrum will be available. My guess would be Comcast will start rolling the boxes out this fall. (this is just a guess though) However, when it will be available in your area might be later. Each market is different for releasing new equipment. In northern Indiana where I am we're considered part of the greater Chicago region, so we usually get the new equipment pretty early on. Just stay on top of it at your local office. At some point they will know if/when the spectrum boxes will be arriving.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

MVM

to someone912
Did you See Brian Roberts demo Spectrum today on blog.comcast.com ? It was live from the Cableshow.

He also demoed gigabit speeds over DOCSIS 3.0.

There is also a Skype Demo

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· embedded

I hope they recorded the live Spectrum demo and post it later. I caught the tail end of it. Looked pretty nice.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

watched the whole thing. Very neat but nothing about when it would be released was said.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

said by mikedz4:

watched the whole thing. Very neat but nothing about when it would be released was said.

Right, Comcast is not a "national" provider in the sense that DirecTV and Dish Network are.

It's going to depend on local inventories, systems, capacities and other misc headend equipment & call center training.

Looks like the DSG(DOCSIS Set Top Gateway) switch will need to be flipped on for this box to harvest all of that beautiful artwork and application data.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I'm trying to find out more but it's like pulling teeth. No one knows anything. I am emailing the ceo tomorrow to try to get this straightened out.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

1 recommendation

cypherstream

MVM

said by mikedz4:

I'm trying to find out more but it's like pulling teeth. No one knows anything. I am emailing the ceo tomorrow to try to get this straightened out.

Good luck with that. Let us know what he says.
JamesDax
join:2001-02-24
Philadelphia, PA

JamesDax to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
lol, in Philadelphia this year? Nahhhh...

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

MVM

to someone912
Oh boy... there is NO pleasing Swanni...

»www.tvpredictions.com/co ··· 1711.htm

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by cypherstream:

Oh boy... there is NO pleasing Swanni...

»www.tvpredictions.com/co ··· 1711.htm

I have no idea what there problem is I think the XFINITY Spectrum looks like a very nice improvment compared to what we have now.

And I am realy looking forward to it
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

It looks like Motorola has some new equipment up their sleeve too.

The first is a 6 tuner DVR gateway with a 1 TB harddrive! It's also an IP gateway that can send live tv to tablets and other portable devices.

»www.multichannel.com/art ··· able.php

Unfortunately it looks like just Time Warner will be the initial customer.

But it looks like Comcast will be deploying this which will bring the portable IP delivery of live tv.

»www.multichannel.com/art ··· cast.php

Spiderman865
join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Spiderman865

I like the HD-DTA.

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC to someone912

Premium Member

to someone912
I haven't seen any mention of the Tivo Premiere Q around here. Anyone?

»www.pcmag.com/article2/0 ··· 4,00.asp