how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

golfgod2005

join:2005-11-11
Norton, MA

Dish Network Issue

I think this is the right forum to post on. Right now I am having a problem with Dish Network. I upgraded to their HD receivers and service. When the installers came, they said I can return my old boxes to Dish Network and receive a $10 credit for each box. I called the Dish Network help line and they said they would send me the return boxes with labels on it to send it to them. I was told it would take up to 60 days to receive the refund. However, after 60 days, I have not received the credit. Now when I talk to customer support, they say they have never had that deal and don't owe me anything! What can I do about this? If I wasn't getting a credit, I would've just kept the boxes and given it to friends. This is like they stole the boxes from me! Anyone have any idea of what I can do?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
When I upgraded to HD there was no credit and I HD to give them back as they were owned by Dish. If you paid several hundred dollars to DISH for the receivers then you owned then - otherwise they are owned by Dish and hte installers should have taken them back...

Did you order Dish from Dish itself or a reseller?
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

golfgod2005

Norton, MA
I did own the boxes and have paperwork to prove that. I ordered HD through Dish Network who sent out a local installer to do so. The sale rep from Dish Network said they would send me ups boxes to return the receivers and I would receive a $10 credit for each box. The local installer also said the same thing.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
I have never heard of them crediting an account for receivers. DId you save the email or chat conversation?
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

golfgod2005

Norton, MA
I did the upgrade over the phone with a Dish Network Sales Rep.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
kudos:1
When the sent you boxes to send back(that Dish Sent you) your receivers. What company did you use? USPS,UPS,FEDX? Any of those would have tracking numbers for you to keep for your records.

Did you get proof that you mailed them?? If NOT then your SOL.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to golfgod2005
Then your only recourse is to call up the management chain and see where you can get. For those sites that have chat windows I now copy or have the conversation emailed to me - just in case. If you know the name of the person and the date\time that would likely help as well.
--
Brian

golfgod2005

Norton, MA
reply to westdc
Ishipped it via ups and even have emails from dish network saying they received my boxes

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
Then you need to get that info to the correct department and get credited. You did send the boxes to yourself (so) they should credit your account why else did they send the recovery boxes?

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Callcentric
·Dish Network
reply to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

I have never heard of them crediting an account for receivers.

They did that when I upgraded to HD a couple years back. I owned by DVR508's, so I kept them, rather than sell them for $10 a piece.

thomasjk

join:2004-12-07
Charlotte, NC
reply to golfgod2005
Post here »www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/ and ask for help from one of the Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT) members.

golfgod2005

Norton, MA
reply to westdc
yeah I never would've sent them back if it wasnt for the credit.

golfgod2005

Norton, MA
reply to thomasjk
said by thomasjk:

Post here »www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/ and ask for help from one of the Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT) members.

posting on that site worked. Thank you for the help

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to UHF
said by UHF:

said by CylonRed:

I have never heard of them crediting an account for receivers.

They did that when I upgraded to HD a couple years back. I owned by DVR508's, so I kept them, rather than sell them for $10 a piece.

As what door stops??? They are completely useless today as they are MPEG2 and will no longer work on the MPEG4 DISH system.
--
»haywardm.com (Hayward's Key West)

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL
reply to golfgod2005
You shhould have gotten RMA#'s with the boxes. Often on the ship to you labels, and directions should have gotten too say to write them on the box before sticking the return label over them.

Did you do that??? Otherwise they have no idea where they came from or account to credit.
--

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
It sounds like they did know who had owned the old receivers as the OP received an E-mail from them saying they had received his shipment.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Callcentric
·Dish Network
reply to Hayward
said by Hayward:

As what door stops??? They are completely useless today as they are MPEG2 and will no longer work on the MPEG4 DISH system.

Really? I was using them last week, they work fine. SD programming is still broadcast on DISH in MPEG2. Only the HD channels are MPEG4.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL
said by UHF:

Really? I was using them last week, they work fine. SD programming is still broadcast on DISH in MPEG2. Only the HD channels are MPEG4.

OK thought they had gone totally MPEG4. I know they forced me to switch to a 522. (for free as I owned)
--

thomasjk

join:2004-12-07
Charlotte, NC
Dish is all MPEG4 on the eastern arc sats 61.5,72.7 and 77. You need the Vip series receivers, 211,612,622,722,922 for eastern arc. Western arc is still MPEG2 on 110,119 and 129.

scooper

join:2000-07-11
Youngsville, NC
kudos:2
said by thomasjk:

Dish is all MPEG4 on the eastern arc sats 61.5,72.7 and 77. You need the Vip series receivers, 211,612,622,722,922 for eastern arc. Western arc is still MPEG2 on 110,119 and 129.

Correction -
MOST of 119 and 110 is still MPEG2 SD. There is a limited amount of HD on 110. 129 is mostly (all ?) MPEG4 - certainly all the HD is, no matter which Dish satellite it's on..

Your Eastern Arc is correct, as is the receivers.