When are moves normally submitted?
The day they are due?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Any time up and to the deadline. I put mine in last week.

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
Wow. Really?
OK

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

I'm trying to think of the best way to explain this.

Your fleets basically allow your armies a free travel across the sea as long as there's a fleet on each sea territory between where your army is and where your army intends to go.

So, if you have one fleet, it can jump across one sea territory and onto a land territory in one turn.

If you had multiple fleets, you can have an army jump across multiple tiles in one turn. The army has to start on a land territory and end on a land territory. If any of the fleets are attacked, and there is no support, the fleet carry fails and the entire thing fails. Fleets are unable to attack or move while they're ferrying a unit for a turn. They turn into a "bridge", basically.

I think I need to clarify this statement.

If a fleet is attacked and "DISLODGED" then they convoy fails. If the Fleet is not dislodged (a 1 to 1 attack for example) then the convoy Succeeds.
Let me know if I need to create a couple of examples.
--
Remember, you are a nutjob, but they should not find anything wrong with your work.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I didn't know that. So it takes a dislodge to disrupt a convoy then, not just an attack?

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
That is correct. I had to look up those rules recently, and they stuck in my head.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
reply to TheRul
Please be patient. I am answering questions as fast as I can. Then as soon as all the moves are in then I will let everyone know.
--
Remember, you are a nutjob, but they should not find anything wrong with your work.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
TheRul, I have no problems with your time tables or if you run late. We have new people and I know this takes a lot of work. Take your time. These games are fun, even if they take a while.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium
join:2002-02-15
Florissant, MO
kudos:3
said by Archivis:

TheRul, I have no problems with your time tables or if you run late. We have new people and I know this takes a lot of work. Take your time. These games are fun, even if they take a while.

Agreed!
--
Mafia: »Pub Games
Remember the golden rule of the internet..it's the place where men are men, women are also men, and children are the FBI.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

1 edit
reply to TheRul
Click for full size
Click for full size

Results for Spring, 1901 (Movement)

General Notices:

No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.Order resolution
completed on 20-Jun-2011 at 09:50:13 PDT

Order Results:

Austria:

Austria: A bud -> rum
Bounced with sev (1 against 1).
Austria: F tri -> alb
Austria: A vie -> gal

England:

England: F edi -> nth
England: A lvp Holds
England: F lon -> eng

France:

France: F bre -> gas
France: A mar -> spa
France: A par -> bur

Germany:

Germany: A ber -> kie
Germany: F kie -> den
Germany: A mun -> ruh

Italy:

Italy: F nap -> tys
Italy: A rom -> tus
Italy: A ven -> tyr

Russia:

Russia: A mos -> ukr
Russia: F sev -> rum
Bounced with bud (1 against 1).
Russia: F stp/sc -> bot
Russia: A war Holds

Turkey:

Turkey: F ank -> bla
Turkey: A con -> bul
Turkey: A smy -> con

CONGRATULATIONS on everyone's opening salvos.
Deadline Monday June 27 for Fall 1901

*edit, I had the wrong date

--

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
Sorry I should have clarified.

When I changed to go to Albania, Bud should have changed to Serbia because the other one could not....

this was a communication mess up because I obviously wound up bouncing with Muz at Rumania.

I did not mean to do this, I though it was impled that I said I would do Austrian natural opening position which is to Albania and Serbia.

I hope you could change this, if not... I would like to notify the players that this was a communication cock-up on my part with Rule, not a move I wanted to make...
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Caution: Noobs at work.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
said by Archivis:

Caution: Noobs at work.

Noob? ahem

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
:P

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
reply to chlen
said by chlen:

When I changed to go to Albania, Bud should have changed to Serbia because the other one could not....

this was a communication mess up because I obviously wound up bouncing with Muz at Rumania.

I did not mean to do this, I though it was impled that I said I would do Austrian natural opening position which is to Albania and Serbia.

I hope you could change this, if not... I would like to notify the players that this was a communication cock-up on my part with Rule, not a move I wanted to make...

I can not comment on any statements made (except to myself). I can not comment even to a non player, any strategy possibilities on an ongoing game. That may skew the game. What I can say is that I will not make any changes, unless the mistake is made my ME. If Arch accidently orders all of his units to the same territory, That is his mistake, and I will not change it after the move has been posted. I may ask him if that was his intention when the orders are sent (as we are dealing with fresh meat new players)
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
said by TheRul:

lolololololol nubcakez

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
Saratoga, NY
reply to TheRul
said by TheRul:

said by chlen:

I can not comment on any statements made (except to myself). I can not comment even to a non player, any strategy possibilities on an ongoing game. That may skew the game. What I can say is that I will not make any changes, unless the mistake is made my ME. If Arch accidently orders all of his units to the same territory, That is his mistake, and I will not change it after the move has been posted. I may ask him if that was his intention when the orders are sent (as we are dealing with fresh meat new players)

That's is what I expected, damn I feel dumb for the cock-up though.

I just totally forgot to change the other moves. Well... live and learn.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
reply to TheRul
said by TheRul:

Deadline Monday June 20 for Fall 1901

Just so I'm clear, you need another set of moves (F1901) today?

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
Sorry, 27. Looked at the calendar wrong

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
I have just edited it. thank you Jim

muzscman
Mr. President
Premium
join:2002-02-15
Florissant, MO
kudos:3
said by TheRul:

I have just edited it. thank you Jim

LOL I was going to have a heart attack! Okay.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to TheRul
Nations of Italy and France.

It seems you want to move in towards our great city of Munich. This will not be allowed, nor tolerated. Our defenses are greater than you assumed.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
Sabre rattling? I thought you were Germany, not North Korea.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
If I were NK I would already have tunnels into France and Italy, and if confronted, spray paint the rocks black and say we were coal mining.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
Reminder Deadline is monday

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
It is MONDAY!!!! Still waiting for some orders. And wondering if I should embarrass the late countries.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I think you should. I should have mentioned it, but I think that you when post reminders, you should let people know who you don't have orders from. I frequently either forget or thought I already put my moves in. It gets convoluted after a few rounds. Something like:

Still receiving orders from:
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
I will do so, after the deadline. And I will start with the next move phase.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
All orders are in. results in a minute