All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

annen
@frontiernet.net

annen

Anon

[modem/router] How to configure Westell 7500 QoS settings?

My roommate is taking up too much bandwidth, so I'd like to configure the QoS such that my computer and xbox are not affected by his downloads. The problem is that this router's firmware is not user friendly at all like the Linksys routers are. Could anyone please tell me which settings I need to choose? Thanks!

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Is your ISP Frontier? Let me know and I'll move you over that forum for some help with this.

annen
@frontiernet.net

annen

Anon

Yeah, sorry.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Hold on. I'll get this moved over in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail.

emarkay
join:2010-06-26
Ferdinand, IN

emarkay to annen

to annen
This is a good question and properly asked. Good job, OP!

But, does anyone have any info on this?

As for me, yea, I'd like to prioritize wired connections over wireless ones.
ToiletMint
join:2009-12-07
Pine River, MN

1 edit

ToiletMint to annen

to annen
If those are your only setting options your QoS is quite limited, and you wont be able to prioritize how you want to.

It looks as if your modem/router only has QoS options for VoIP services. I say that because you only have a WAN upstream data rate field.

To resolve this and get your roommate under control is to bridge your modem to a more robust router, such as a wrt54gl with ddwrt firmware. (brainslayer build). With that you can set your Upstream and downstream data rate @ 70%. Then adjust priority of applications such as Utorrent or Games with prebuilt profiles; which make it that much easier. At my second home I have our QoS set to evenly distribute the bandwidth regardless of service or application.