miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

New Main Menu entry.

This AM I noticed A New Main Menu entry. It's called FIOS digital Voice. Is this really new, or did it simply just get activated for me?

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

FDV migrations are opening up again. Maybe thats what it is

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to miataman

Premium Member

to miataman
Eventually most people will have Digital

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Well, thats my question. I've had Digital Voice since I signed up on the FIOS train (Sep '10), but I KNOW this menu entry only appeared in the last 24 hours...
ENFiOS
join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA

ENFiOS to miataman

to miataman
I don't see it here in VHO 8 - PA

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

It's down the bottom between Settings + Customer Support, SWARE = IMG 1.8

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to miataman

Premium Member

to miataman
I don't see it either VHO 8 delaware

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Pressing "OK" gives 3 selections
1: Call Logs...... a listing of incoming calls on the phoneline
2: Voice Mail..... I assume it allows retrieval, but I don't currently have any, so I can't test
3:..... Calling features, I don't want to mess with what I have set up, I may never be able to get it back !!!!
The colors and design seem to look 1.9ish, if you get my drift.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

Interesting, because that feature was added in 1.9. You need digital voice to do anything with it, but it was put in during one of the builds that we got.

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by JPL:

Interesting, because that feature was added in 1.9. You need digital voice to do anything with it, but it was put in during one of the builds that we got.

Well, I can verify that all else is definitely 1.8
miataman

miataman

Premium Member

Click for full size
Quick screenshot with cellcamera. Sorry'bout the jitter.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I have it too, also as of this morning. However, when I try to select any of the three options, it says I'm not subscribed. Does this mean I can now call the CSR and request that my service be switched to FDV?

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Probably could've done that all along. I've had FDV since last fall, however managing it from the TV became possible today.
And you're also in VH06, so that tells me that the addition is not related to my account personally, but probably VH06-wide.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to miataman

to miataman
I'm in NJ and I called just last week to see if DV was available and they told me to wait at least a few more months. They told me the exact same thing when I first called last fall.

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5 to miataman

to miataman
said by JPL:

Yes, I remember seeing that exact FDV menu in the "Message Center" of some of the beta 1.9 builds. I have had FDV but none of the options worked at the time of the beta when I first saw it and it doesn't appear to be there now in the current 1.9 build. It's possible that it was accidently unlocked for some (wouldn't be the first time) or Verizon is ready to start rolling it out as a new feature and your VHO could be one of the first to have it turned on.

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

Still there this morning. I verified that I could playback a voice-mail over the TV audio, and modify features ( I always use simultaneous ring). I'd have to call it "functionally in-service"
shark2k
join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

shark2k to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

I'm in NJ and I called just last week to see if DV was available and they told me to wait at least a few more months. They told me the exact same thing when I first called last fall.

We have Digital Voice and have had it for a few months now.

-Shark2k

syrgeek
join:2009-06-04
Syracuse, NY

syrgeek to miataman

to miataman
It's a trial in your VHO only right now (6) that will allow you to manage your digital voice features from stb. No plans as of yet to roll out to other VHO's

jm450
@verizon.net

jm450 to shark2k

Anon

to shark2k
said by shark2k See Profile

-Shark2k
[/BQUOTE :

Are you a new install? For a while its been new installs only. I am definitely interested in switching over.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to shark2k

to shark2k
said by shark2k:

said by ansky:

-Shark2k

Some time last year Verizon stopped offering DV to NJ existing customers.

miataman
Premium Member
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to syrgeek

Premium Member

to syrgeek
must be one of those "unannounced" trials. Probably they're feeling a little cautious with the 1.9 "debacle". Keeping it hushed.
shark2k
join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

shark2k to jm450

to jm450
said by jm450 :

said by shark2k See Profile

-Shark2k

Are you a new install? For a while its been new installs only. I am definitely interested in switching over.

I'm an exisiting customer.

Greg, I did not know that. You have any idea why?

-Shark2k

DDm4459
@verizon.net

DDm4459

Anon

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but those of you with DV - is there any noticeable difference or is it merely a difference in transmission? Is DV the same as Vonage or one of them? Has it impacted your ability to do anything or not at all? - by anything I mean if any of you have a credit card machine or any machine that requires a analog line?