Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cora

join:2008-06-25
New York, NY

Reset Network Adapter

Hello,

For the past 2 days I have had difficulty connecting to websites using Internet Explorer. I would click a link or an address in the address bar and the little circle would twirl until it timed out. I finally used the diagnostic pane to check for a solution. A cause could not be found but it was suggested I reset the network adapter, local network.

I Googled resetting the network adapter, however the information I found pertained to routers which I do not have. My os is Vista and I have a Westell 6100 modem box from Verizon. I am using Internet Explorer 9.

I hope someone can be of assistance.

Thank you.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
• Is this happening on all sites or just certain ones?

• Clear your cache and temp files.

• Reset the network adapter.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The adapter is now reset. Try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that your network adapter is now working correctly.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Cora

join:2008-06-25
New York, NY
reply to Cora
Hello Irish Shark,

Thank you again for your assistance. It took a little research (Google, YouTube) to find the Network Adapter. Learn something new everyday. For now things appear to be better.

Cora

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Glad to see that did the trick.