Search similar:

uniqs

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

Millenicom??

Have you checked out Millenicom prepaid wireless? They have an "advanced" plan for $59 a month and it runs on the Verizon wireless 3G/EVDO network so you will get the same speed's, but a lot cheaper and 20GB of data. Don't get the unlimited if you decide to go Millenicom because the unlimited runs on Sprint, the 20GB runs on Verizon.

dataice
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Crisfield, MD

dataice

Premium Member

Thanks. Yeah, I just found out about Millenicom from another BBR user about three weeks ago. I wish I had found out before I spent over $200 to get up and running with Verizon. As soon as I can afford it I am switching to Millenicom. If I could have brought my Verizon branded USB modem with me that would have been great. I have to save up $225 to switch to Millenicom. I have to pay $100 for the USB dongle, plus $50 activation fee, and $15 shipping charge, and $60 for the service. $60 for 20 GB is a far better deal than $80 for 5 GB.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

said by dataice:

Thanks. Yeah, I just found out about Millenicom from another BBR user about three weeks ago. I wish I had found out before I spent over $200 to get up and running with Verizon. As soon as I can afford it I am switching to Millenicom. If I could have brought my Verizon branded USB modem with me that would have been great. I have to save up $225 to switch to Millenicom. I have to pay $100 for the USB dongle, plus $50 activation fee, and $15 shipping charge, and $60 for the service. $60 for 20 GB is a far better deal than $80 for 5 GB.

Another thing you can look it as well if you cant go the Millenicom route for right now, is call up Verizon and see if you can get on a postpaid plan and go month to month. I am doing that with my 4G Pantech modem, I bought one off eBay because I hate contracts and I am doing the 5GB for $50 plan. They also have 10GB for $80. That could at least save you some until you can switch to Mcomm.

dataice
Premium Member
join:2002-10-27
Crisfield, MD

dataice

Premium Member

Thanks again for the info. I am back with Verizon DSL now because an opening became available in my oversold central office. So I just use my USB dongle in the months I need it for traveling purposes. Since I rarely have a need for it now I decided to stick with Verizon Wireless since it would take another $225 investment to get up and running with Millenicom.