dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mulambo187
join:2008-06-18
North York, ON

mulambo187

Re: Check your Ontario Bandwidth Usage (Cable)

Thanks, but I don't need another free bandwidth monitoring utility, I was hoping for a website run by teksavvy.

Are you aware of the calculation that is used? It looks to me from googling 300GB is more a suggestion then anything else. I am ok with this, 300GB is plenty, but if say one exotic month I decided to grab 1TB, I would like to at least know the date range that usage falls in so I would know when to slow down my usage, ie June 18 - July 17 or is it June 1-30, July 1 - 31 etc.
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

the cerberus

said by mulambo187:

Are you aware of the calculation that is used?

What calculation?
No one is monitoring it currently.
If there ever is, it will most likely be the same as rogers.
Help TSI and pay for unlimited if you use more than 300GB, however, its not currently monitored if you go over because rogers does not forward that information to teksavvy probably because rogers has no real wholesale/tpia department lol.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to mulambo187

to mulambo187
You can also check out Networx if you have a computer running Windows.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to mulambo187

Premium Member

to mulambo187
said by mulambo187:

Thanks, but I don't need another free bandwidth monitoring utility, I was hoping for a website run by teksavvy.

Don't rely solely on your ISP for usage monitoring. A usage module at the router is your best bet.

Mike

ummmms
@cgocable.net

ummmms to mulambo187

Anon

to mulambo187
said by mulambo187:

Why would you want something like that. If they have a website you can check that means they are then monitoring and that means you have to stay under 300GB. Right now you are FREEEEEE.

TSI James
TSI James
Premium Member
join:2008-02-22

TSI James

Premium Member

said by ummmms :

said by mulambo187:

Why would you want something like that. If they have a website you can check that means they are then monitoring and that means you have to stay under 300GB. Right now you are FREEEEEE.

We can actually see your usage on our back-end but we are just having problems updating our tool to show cable usage atm.

Until we get it up, we do suggest using your router or a tool if you wish to see your bandwidth usage till we can get our tool up and running.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Just to be clear, we can only currently monitor the Videotron usage.
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

the cerberus

said by JenSuisUn:

Just to be clear, we can only currently monitor the Videotron usage.

Thats what I thought.
I guess Rogers is on the honor system for now.