spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mike336
@verizon.net

Mike336

Anon

Adding a Handset to an AT&T DECT 6.0 System

I have a 4 handset AT&T SL82408 cordless phone system. This is the type with a base that's plugged into the phone line and you can run 3 additional handsets without connecting them to the phone line. The maximum number of handsets for this system is documented to be 4. One of the handsets broke. I bought a used one off ebay, but it will not connect to my base. It permamently reports "connecting...". The manual says to put the handset in the main base cradle for a minute and it will synch with the base, but it never synchs. I have the old base for the handset I bought and the handset connects to it fine. Is there a trick to re-set the base a handset connects to? Thanks.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

If I am understanding, you had 4 handsets, and one of them broke. You bought a new one to replace it, but it won't connect.
If that is the case, you need to first unregister the broken handset. I'm not sure what the exact procedure is, but you should be able to find it in the manual. On my VTech set, you have to do a global reset at the base, then re-register each of the handsets one at a time. But on my parents Uniden, you can unregister just 1 handset and replace it.

Edit: And you may need to unregister the new handset from whatever base it is registered with. The "put it in the base to sync" part only works with a handset that isn't currently registered to a base.

MikeS336
@verizon.net

MikeS336

Anon

Yes, you understand correctly. However, I have the manuals and there is nothing listed on unregistering or reregistering a handset. That's my problem. Plus, my broken handset may not be able to be unregistered. It's broken, after all (the buttons don't work).

Thanks for trying.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Press Menu on the base and see if there is an entry related to register/registration/deregister, something along those lines. If the handset doesn't work, you'll probably need to use the menu (or a special key combo) on the base to remove ALL handsets, then reconnect them one at a time.

If all else fails, call 800-222-3111