Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PortableTech
Premium
join:2010-10-05
Rockledge, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

Ok,

I have had the receivers for a few weeks now and I can say I have learned to live with most of the perceived shortcomings. But there is one thing that has had me want to throw the receiver out the window multiple times.

The layout of the remote control makes it very easy to press the number 2 when you are reaching for the pause button. We tend to pause shows alot to deal with the kids in the evening. And in the dark it is very easy to hit that number 2. When you do, unless you manage to catch it very quickly the channel changes and you lose the whole queued show. I just missed the end of Op Repo due to this tonight, right at a good part. It has happen several times to me and my wife.

With DishNetwork, the DVR function buttons were all curved around a round center which made them feel very different, and there was a certain pressure you had to apply to the buttons. Also, if you tried to change a channel while you had the tv paused or not in a live situation it will come on screen and ask you if you want to return to live tv to change the channel so you will never make that accident.

Just pleas, oh please, change the recievers so if you attempt to change the channel and you are not watching live tv, it will prompt you to confirm this is what you really want to do.

--PortableTech

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by PortableTech:

Ok,

I have had the receivers for a few weeks now and I can say I have learned to live with most of the perceived shortcomings. But there is one thing that has had me want to throw the receiver out the window multiple times.

The layout of the remote control makes it very easy to press the number 2 when you are reaching for the pause button. We tend to pause shows alot to deal with the kids in the evening. And in the dark it is very easy to hit that number 2. When you do, unless you manage to catch it very quickly the channel changes and you lose the whole queued show. I just missed the end of Op Repo due to this tonight, right at a good part. It has happen several times to me and my wife.

With DishNetwork, the DVR function buttons were all curved around a round center which made them feel very different, and there was a certain pressure you had to apply to the buttons. Also, if you tried to change a channel while you had the tv paused or not in a live situation it will come on screen and ask you if you want to return to live tv to change the channel so you will never make that accident.

Just pleas, oh please, change the recievers so if you attempt to change the channel and you are not watching live tv, it will prompt you to confirm this is what you really want to do.

--PortableTech

Hey PT. I understand your frustration and there might be a fix for that. Try the getting one the vision impaired remotes. The numbers are the bottom and away from all the function keys. This should solve your problem. As for them making a switch and asking you via a prompt that is not likely because that would annoy the you know what out most people (including me).
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope