DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: Suspected = guilty no matter what

said by FFH5:

Their TOS already gives them that right.

Most peer to peer programs run randomized encryption by default, and DDL sites are inherently immune to this. Sure some non-tech savvy people will get caught in the crossfire, but the real pirates will keep on like usual.

As long as anti-piracy measures are this far behind I have no problem with them.

If this is how they are going to attack piracy, the pirates need not worry.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

They aren't, and that's part of Karl's point. The few tend to ruin things for the masses. That theory isn't exclusive to ISPs, but they are the latest to clamp down. Thank your local copyright infringer....

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

They aren't, and that's part of Karl's point. The few tend to ruin things for the masses. That theory isn't exclusive to ISPs, but they are the latest to clamp down. Thank your local copyright infringer....

What exactly is being ruined?

Pirates will not be affected by this, obfuscation and encryption layers have been standard on P2P for the last few years.

Your ISP can't tell if your on a corporate VPN or P2P unless they actually peer with you.

Good luck with that.
axiomatic
join:2006-08-23
Tomball, TX

1 recommendation

axiomatic to openbox9

to openbox9
Why do "the masses" have to be inconvenienced then if there is no chance that the MPAA/RIAA can combat highly skilled P2P users? Your justification does not fit the perpetrator of the crime and yet you applaud the innocent being inconvenienced or potentially even being incorrectly accused? Where's the logic in that? Again openbox9 you seem to not understand how networks actually work and why punishing "the masses" does nothing to address the real problem.

Even considering the coming of IPV6 with everyone getting a unique IP address cannot surmount the encrypted VPN problem nor the private direct download services doing 30-day usenet backups. Until a major change in internet protocols occurs intellectual property owners are just going to have to cope. Suing the "low hanging fruit" users not skilled enough to cover their tracks again does not address the real problem.

Punish the real criminals, not your paying customers.

No I do not use P2P illegally nor do I condone that activity. I also however have not bought an MPAA or RIAA product (knowingly) for more than 10 years now until they come to their senses and stop suing and/or inconveniencing their paying customers.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
Services aren't being ruined or impeded for the infringers. Rather everyone else, which is my point.
openbox9

openbox9 to axiomatic

Premium Member

to axiomatic
Where do you see my applause for the inconvenience? I'm on the other side of this argument, so perhaps I made my point poorly.

Please, stop with the "that's how networks work" thing. It's irrelevant to most of your arguments.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
Oh, Well yea that's obvious.

Good thing I only use the internet to pirate.