San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Steve

Re: 405 Freeway Closure

said by Steve:

said by bobrk:

2. Calling it "THE 405." It's "The San Diego."

I don't know anybody who actually leaves their house that calls freeways by the names: they change as you travel about, and if you're going to jump on the 405, you're not thinking of the 47 different names, including the 400 yard stretch known as the Det. Barney Fife Memorial Thruway.

Referring to freeways by name is unhelpful.

Oh, I'm certain things have changed since 1978 when I last lived there. In those days, the entire stretch of the 405 was called "The San Diego Freeway" because that's where it went. Easy peasy. Did they really start naming random sections of freeways after people? I don't think I'd be flattered by that, nor would the cop who got killed on that stretch, either.

But it's your town now, have at it. I have a GPS now, who needs names?

Erm, apparently I've just repeated dogma See Profile who is exactly correct. Those of you whippersnappers who say you've grown up there and use the numbers were certainly not alive and living in LA during her heyday in the 50's, 60's or 70's.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by bobrk:

Those of you whippersnappers who say you've grown up there and use the numbers were certainly not alive and living in LA during her heyday in the 50's, 60's or 70's.

Born 1975 at St John's Health Center in Santa Monica, so your statement is on target in my case. Anyways, I'm debating on taking the 1 or 101 for the ride home after work. I could even jump on the 23 south instead of taking the N9 like I normally would if I went 101.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
I'm riding my bike for 50 minutes to get home.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL
kudos:2
What kind of bike?

bobrk
Premium
San Jose, CA
Mountain.

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
kudos:1
said by bobrk:

Mountain.

Nope! Gotta' refer to it by it's "model number".

bobrk
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
Click for full size
said by dogma:

said by bobrk:

Mountain.

Nope! Gotta' refer to it by it's "model number".

2007 Novara Bonanza.