Search similar:

uniqs
efrem
join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT

efrem

Cisco DPQ3925 admin page?

Hi-

Recently upgraded one location to Static IP and they gave us the Cisco DPQ3925 gateway.

The default admin IP address is 192.168.0.1 but I cannot load it in a browser, nor can I even ping it. This is true either through our router/firewall or with a pc directly connected to the gateway.

Has anyone successfully loaded the admin webpage? What am I missing? Or has Cablevision locked users out of the interface? I can't even check signal levels to the modem.

Thanks in advance,
Efrem
superhancpet
join:2009-07-27
Brooklyn, NY

superhancpet

Sure it's 192.168.0.1? Try 192.168.100.1 ... that's the interface on Cisco DPQ3212s.
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

said by superhancpet:

Sure it's 192.168.0.1? Try 192.168.100.1 ... that's the interface on Cisco DPQ3212s.

Yep, both the Cisco user manual and an OOL customer service rep confirm that it is indeed .0.1.

And I did also try .100.1.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

The rep you spoke to should have informed you that the configuration page is locked down on the modem when you were asking about the address.
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

So are you saying that OOL definitely does not allow us to either

a)determine signal levels to the modem?
b)manage or administer the gateway at all?
c)even ping the management IP address?

Wow. That's pretty disappointing. Do you know for a fact that there's no way to perform any of the above actions?

Thanks

jp07764
@optonline.net

jp07764

Anon

Maybe this might help »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries

It is for a different model but it is worth a try.
USER:admin
PASS:w2402
Some times you have to use a capital W.

Also the link for the login page »192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp

Jimmy

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to efrem

to efrem
You need to login through telnet.

»Arris Docsis 3 Modem Login Info

with the daily changing passwords are here 13 posts from the top:

»Bonding 4th channel....

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by kickass69:

Im confused -- isnt this a question about a Cisco DPQ3925?
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

said by RickNY:

said by kickass69:

Im confused -- isnt this a question about a Cisco DPQ3925?

Yes, it is about the Cisco DPQ3925. I appreciate the well intended replies of people who want to help, but the posts so far are not relevant.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to RickNY

to RickNY
My bad, I was half sleep when I wrote that. Geez that's truly embarressing. I would normally never confuse the Cisco and Arris.
kickass69

kickass69 to efrem

to efrem
My apologies for doing that.

It's odd that on the DPQ3212 CV allows one to see the modem signal levels through the web interface via »192.168.100.1 atleast but doesn't even allow that on the DPQ3925.
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

cablewizzard to efrem

to efrem
said by efrem:

So are you saying that OOL definitely does not allow us to either

a)determine signal levels to the modem?
b)manage or administer the gateway at all?
c)even ping the management IP address?

Wow. That's pretty disappointing. Do you know for a fact that there's no way to perform any of the above actions?

Thanks

a) apparently not. This is not a supported function on any modem, even if it happens to work on most models. Can't complain about a function that is not part of the service description. Other business modem models like the Innomedia never had the page either.

b) No. and it's not necessary. Never was, not with the Cisco 851, nor with the new all-in-one DPQ3925. There's nothing for you to administer there: wireless is disabled, it's 5 usable IPs in a /29, 4 GigE ports, a gateway IP to route to, and none of that has "user serviceable parts" printed on them.

c) ping your default gateway IP. Should work just fine.
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

I suggest that you read the User Guide from Cisco
»www.cisco.com/en/US/docs ··· 93_B.pdf
to see ALL of the supported functions and exactly how much CV has crippled this device.

It is capable of many important and useful functions, but CV has completely locked it and turned it into a dumb bridge. What a waste and even ripoff.

This unit can do VPN, port forwarding, diagnostics, monitoring, special filtering and access rules, etc.

Please don't tell me what I do and don't need.

The crippling of this device costs me more money if I am forced to buy other devices (routers/firewalls) to plug into each of the four ports to perform basic functions that the DPQ3925 can and should be doing.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

Imagine if you configured it, had a problem, CV came out within 4 hours like they are supposed to, and replaced it with a different product that lacked a particular feature you were depending on. Now you would be forced to extend your outage by buying, configuring, and testing additional equipment.

What if you configured it improperly? Messed up the IP address range? Screwed up the configuration and it stopped working, and you called support?

They are doing the right thing by disabling features that are not part of the service. Just pretend it is an acme 1234, or cisco private-labeled it as a CV-1234.

Crippling devices is nothing new - cellular services even cripple YOUR device. At least this is their device.
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to efrem

Premium Member

to efrem
said by efrem:

The crippling of this device costs me more money if I am forced to buy other devices (routers/firewalls) to plug into each of the four ports to perform basic functions that the DPQ3925 can and should be doing.

How much did you pay for the modem?
Do you also insist on maintaining and customizing your rental cars?
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

I LEASE the modem and your car analogy is invalid. I just am asking for features that I want. Thanks for attacking consumer advocacy.
efrem

efrem to jaa

to jaa
I guess it's no surprise to me that you once again fully defend CV at every opportunity. They sure don't cripple the simpler dumber cablemodems for residential users nearly as completely. This is a business product for business users who ostensibly are a tad more knowledgeable and these missing features are VERY value-added.

The forum seemed a much nicer place recently, mostly because you had tempered your fanboyism. It's a pity that you now appear to have returned to shilling.
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

1 recommendation

Bobcat79 to efrem

Premium Member

to efrem
Then maybe you should have gone with a company that provides the features that you want, instead of with Cablevision.

jaa
Premium Member

jaa to efrem

Premium Member

to efrem
said by efrem:

IThe forum seemed a much nicer place recently, mostly because you had tempered your fanboyism. It's a pity that you now appear to have returned to shilling.

Not shilling - just showing how stupid it would be for CV to allow users to configure CV equipment for features not supported by the service. If CV were stupid enough to allow it, it would be even stupider for users to configure the equipment.
said by jaa:

Imagine if you configured it, had a problem, CV came out within 4 hours like they are supposed to, and replaced it with a different product that lacked a particular feature you were depending on. Now you would be forced to extend your outage by buying, configuring, and testing additional equipment.

How would you deal with that scenario? You wouldn't say anything bad about CV, would you?
said by efrem:

I LEASE the modem and your car analogy is invalid. I just am asking for features that I want. Thanks for attacking consumer advocacy.

You do not lease the modem or router. It is owned by CV, just like the wires and other plant equipment.

By all means ask for features you want - but gaining access to their equipment is not asking for features, it is looking for a backdoor to accomplish features that are not available.

What features do you want them to add to the static boost service? VPN? port forwarding? diagnostics? monitoring? special filtering? access rules? wireless?

That is a very different service than they provide now - 5 public IP addresses. It is also very different than what other ISPs provide. Never heard of a T1 or DS3 coming with configurable equipment. Some low end business services give or sell a basic wireless nat router to the customer which becomes customer property and responsibility. Spend $25 and buy a linky.

CV is not perfect - but they certainly got this one right.
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

cablewizzard

said by jaa:

This is a total nail on the head of the issue, jaa.
said by jaa:

What features do you want them to add to the static boost service? VPN? port forwarding? diagnostics? monitoring? special filtering? access rules? wireless?

That is a very different service than they provide now - 5 public IP addresses. It is also very different than what other ISPs provide. Never heard of a T1 or DS3 coming with configurable equipment. Some low end business services give or sell a basic wireless nat router to the customer which becomes customer property and responsibility. Spend $25 and buy a linky.

CV is not perfect - but they certainly got this one right.

Nail #2,3,4,5,6,7, coffin shut.

efrem: do you have the SLIGHTEST suspicion about how much sophisticated training of support personnel such features demand? And how much higher a pay grade that has to be delivered with? Do you honestly think that the current support structure can deliver that, or could even ATTEMPT that? For the price you're paying now, rather than $100-200/month more? Features mean nothing, if they can't be supported.

Sammael1069
join:2011-06-20
united state

Sammael1069 to efrem

to efrem
If it's costing you money then go back to your t1 1.5 meg 400 $ a month plan. This is costing you money how ???????

jaa
Premium Member

1 edit

jaa

Premium Member

I think he has a good solution - boost/static. He needs a consultant or IT company to configure his network. Needs that with a T1 or any other service.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

said by jaa:

I think he has a good solution - boost/static. He needs a good consultant or IT company to configure his network. Needs that with a T1 or any other service.

Right. I have Lightpath at my office. Cablevision give me a managed (by Cablevision, not me) router. Anything else I need has to take place behind their router on my side. There are 5 LAN ports, but I can only use one port...the rest are dead.
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029 to efrem

to efrem
I dont know if this is still true but we have static ip through cablevision and the cisco router is only used to give cablevision a mac address or something to bind the ip address to. It is not serviceable and not meant to be a firewall or anything like that.

You are supposed to supply your own router. Did this change? If it did not then getting into the admin page will serve no purpose.

jaa
Premium Member

jaa

Premium Member

Yes - he needs a router and an IT guy.
efrem
Westport, CT

1 edit

efrem

Gee, guys, I'm glad to see that so many of you are much more concerned with what this means to Cablevision's profitability than to a customer and end-user asking for features. That's sarcasm, by the way.

As always, the shills' true bias is clear.

jaa
Premium Member

1 recommendation

jaa

Premium Member

I missed the request for features. What features would you like to see CV add? Are those features offered by competitive services? How much would you be willing to pay for them? Would you like them to be bundled in the service, offered as a new tier, or a-la-carte?

In the meantime, hire an IT guy that knows what he is doing so you can get the features you need. It is pretty basic stuff, so should not be hard to find someone local.
efrem
Westport, CT

efrem

said by jaa:

I missed the request for features. What features would you like to see CV add? Are those features offered by competitive services? How much would you be willing to pay for them? Would you like them to be bundled in the service, offered as a new tier, or a-la-carte?

In the meantime, hire an IT guy that knows what he is doing so you can get the features you need. It is pretty basic stuff, so should not be hard to find someone local.

You missed the request for features? How about the thread title?

Since you seem to be so concerned about my need to hire an IT guy, are you available? It would be local for you as the client is in Wilton/New Canaan.

cvtech
@optonline.net

cvtech to efrem

Anon

to efrem
The cisco router is loaned to you from cablevision to provide you with 5 static IPs. it is not a router provided for any other features. To obtain the features you are looking for you just need to purchase your own router, connect it to the one they provide and configure it any way you want. If you don't know how to do that than you need to hire the IT guy others have suggested. If you do know how to do it, purchase the router and do it yourself.

Whatever the case the answer to your question is NO you cannot access the admin page of the router they provide for static IPs. Field techs don't have access to it either, it's sole purpose is to provide static IPs.

jaa
Premium Member

1 recommendation

jaa to efrem

Premium Member

to efrem
said by efrem:

said by jaa:

You missed the request for features? How about the thread title?

Since you seem to be so concerned about my need to hire an IT guy, are you available? It would be local for you as the client is in Wilton/New Canaan.

No, I'm not available. Google "computer network support wilton new canaan" to find a company that can setup the required networking - sounds pretty basic (VPN?), so just about any IT company should be able to do it. Even Geek Squad.

The OP is about how to hack into the CV equipment. There is no indication of specific requirements or desired features.

The DMARC is the ethernet ports on the CV router in the case of the static service, and the ethernet port on the modem for other services. That is why CV always asks you to connect directly to the ethernet port when you test - just like the phone company does to test your POTS line. Or the T1 service asks you to connect a loopback to test the circuit. It is industry standard practice.