spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikek

@verizon.net

"device not registered"

All incoming calls going to voicemail, no dial tone and "device not registered" when attempting outgoing call. What does that mean?
I have new adapter being shipped due to incoming calls locking up adapter. Emailed support but have not heard back yet.

bv12345

@wayport.net

Your adapter is the device, and not registered just means that the adapter (device) is not logged in and communicating with Phone Power's server.

If the device is locked up, that would be the reason it is unable to register. Just like when a computer freezes up or locks up, basically it can do nothing.

Since it is not registering, you will not get a dial tone. But I do not think it is totally locked up or the device would probably not speak device not registered.

srm59
Premium
join:2009-06-22
Glen Cove, NY
kudos:1
reply to mikek

Happened to me the other day. I was able to fix it by rebooting my network including the TA. Just powered everything down and then brought it back up in sequence. About five minutes later everything came back fine.

mikochan

join:2004-12-02
Liverpool, NY

Tried powering down all equipment but still same problem. Hopefully new device will be here soon.

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20
reply to mikek

Can you PM your account information? I can look into the account and find out what the status is.

mikochan

Liverpool, NY

new adapter arrived and everything seems back to normal.

mikochan

Liverpool, NY

Same thing happened today - getting device not registered when trying to make a call. got email into support. Service has been rock solid for months and now for the last couple of weeks service has been giving me fits.

mikochan

Liverpool, NY
reply to mikek

Line dead again this morning. Getting device not reistered when trying to make out going call. Powered everything down but no luck. Service has been rock solid for months but the last few weeks have been giving me fits. emailed support for help.

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20
reply to mikek

There was an issue with the hardware assignment I was able to resolve the issue and get the device back up and operational.

srm59
Premium
Glen Cove, NY

Happened again to me yesterday afternoon. I rebooted the TA and it came right back.

I'm just curious why this is happening and hope that it was just a freak coincidence. Or is my TA getting too old (2+ years)?

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

2 edits

said by srm59:

Happened again to me yesterday afternoon. I rebooted the TA and it came right back.

I'm just curious why this is happening and hope that it was just a freak coincidence. Or is my TA getting too old (2+ years)?

Naa I doubt it dude...TAs are like cable boxes they generally last years. Me thinks it was just a hiccup? I have it happen occasionally no big deal. Could have been an update got pushed and the ATA did not reboot properly, could have locked up, stale connection to PP servers, remember nothing is infallible.
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

srm59
Premium
Glen Cove, NY
reply to mikek

My TA has been making a habit of getting unregistered and dying on me lately. Usually, rebooting the TA solves the problem, but it is getting to become a pain in the neck.

We have Google and Skype numbers that forward to our PP and two cellphone numbers. I noticed that the TA seems to die out after a call being forwarded goes to Voicemail or is picked up by one of the cell phones. Although, this does not always appear to be the case, I wonder if this may be part of the cause.

I have had the unit for about 2 and a half years, and the trouble only seems to have started recently. I have made no changes to my cable or network setup. So, I wonder if my TA is just getting old and I need to request a new one.

scdad

join:2010-08-25
Salem, VA

1 edit

EDIT - removed my post from this old Thread, created a new topic instead.