Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

1 recommendation

r81984 to MyHellaCar

Premium Member

to MyHellaCar

Re: Don't Slam the Car Door!

Sorry but people who complain about slamming car doors are stupid. You are basically complaining about nothing just to yell at people for no reason.
Slamming a car door will not do any damage, it just makes a loud noise. The door are engineering to not break from slamming shut. Slamming a door is not outside of the doors engineering tolerance.
Hitting bumps on the road will put way more force on a door than slamming it.

Now if the door is already partially damaged and it breaks while slamming then it would have broke pretty soon anyways as it was already failing due to forces while driving fast on rough roads. Someone slamming the door would not be the root cause to why it broke.
MyHellaCar
join:2011-06-23
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

MyHellaCar

See this is the kind of thing you get from inconsiderate people. It's superbly crass to argue that you should be allowed to take advantage of someone else's property and by extension, their wallet.

If one is asked to do/not to do something, if you respect them, you respect their property. Whether you agree or not, you do it their way.

I could tell you chapter and verse what slamming a car door damages on the auto, but you Are entitled to your opinion. Just keep it away from my car.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

said by MyHellaCar:

See this is the kind of thing you get from inconsiderate people. It's superbly crass to argue that you should be allowed to take advantage of someone else's property and by extension, their wallet.

If one is asked to do/not to do something, if you respect them, you respect their property. Whether you agree or not, you do it their way.

I could tell you chapter and verse what slamming a car door damages on the auto, but you Are entitled to your opinion. Just keep it away from my car.

People are not inconsiderate. All doors take much difference forces to shut so they have no idea until the door is shut. Try shutting a ford super duty door.
If you use the force to shut a ford super duty door on a compact car, a jerk would yell at you for slamming the door.
It is inconsiderate to yell at people who have done nothing wrong.

Yes you might have shut the door hard enough to cause a loud noise, but yelling about it is pointless as slamming will not cause any damage since the door is designed to not break from high forces and stresses. A car door slammer would never hit those forces.
It is silly to just assume everyone has precise muscle memory to shut the door exactly how you would like it done. Maybe they are used to much heavier truck doors.

People will shut the door without any thought thus doors are designed to withstand forces that it would encounter from slamming or the even higher forces it would endure on a bumpy road or hitting a pot hole.

The best solution is just not worry about things like door slamming that do not cause any damage.
MyHellaCar
join:2011-06-23
Grand Rapids, MI

MyHellaCar

Please read my above post again.

It's a matter of courtesy and respect to the person making the request.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

said by MyHellaCar:

Please read my above post again.

It's a matter of courtesy and respect to the person making the request.

Again people who do not use your car constantly like you are not going to remember the force to shut your door when they are used to shutting their own car door.
It is pointless to get mad at people shutting a car door harder than you because they are not used to shutting a car door that way. Shutting a car door is something people do without thinking.

All door slammer yellers usually only say something after you shut the door. They do not even think about it either when they know you are about to open the door.

A normal human slamming a car door is not going to cause any damage as the door is engineered to not break from slamming or from rough driving.
Taking the time to be mean and yell at people for doing something you FEEL is harmful is just OCD and a waste of time when in reality it is not harmful.

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings to r81984

to r81984

(topic move) Don't Slam the Car Door!

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 5 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Don't Slam the Car Door!