uniqs

Memphoman
Premium Member
join:2001-03-11
Las Vegas, NV

Memphoman

Premium Member

Motorola service?

I am having connectivity problems with my SBG6580 which is still under warranty. Purchased from BestBuy about 9 months ago I contacted Motorola and I was informed that they did NOT service their hardware, at least not modems and to find a local "electronics" repair facility...Baffleing to me if true. I live in Vegas any thoughts? I have been informed that this model does have connectivity problems with cox and that cox is aware and it is a work "in progress" I lose connection, all modems lights usually stay on, often I can release /renew and fixes it, sometimes, it requires a repower of modem.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Perhaps I don't understand the concept of a "warranty", but, if this SBG6580 is still covered, I assume that it would be Motorola's responsibility to tell you which facility to send the unit into for service, rather than asking you to "find" a repair shop. Given that the facility would have to be Motorola-authorized (in order to have access to service data and parts), Motorola must have a listing of the authorized places in your area.

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
MVM
join:2000-10-29
Smithtown, NY

Nick to Memphoman

MVM

to Memphoman
do you know which firmware you have?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

2 edits

ajwees41 to Memphoman

Premium Member

to Memphoman
what firmware I have the modem on Cox in Omaha only drops wireless but only once in a while. no other problems

I think the problems are firmware related

this is the latest cox firmware SBG6580-3.2.1.0-GA-02-249-NOSH