spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FrustatedCen
@embarqhsd.net

FrustatedCen

Anon

Speedstream 5100 + D-Link WBR 1310

Hi there and thanks for reading. I have been using the subject equipment with AT&T for several years. Recently moved and switched to CenturyLink. The exact same configuration would not work. If I do not connect the router i.e the modem directly connected to the computer, then I have internet. If I connect the router, then I do not.

I used to have a usr and psw with att, apparently I do not need it anymore with this ISP.

Is there any way to get the router to work with this ISP and the rest of my equipment? Do I need a new/different modem and/or router?

Thanks much for your help.
Marc

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

Describe the modem:

• 4 lights on panel - 5100a
• 5 lights on panel - 5100b

The SS5100a is purely a bridged device, and should need no configuration. I believe it should find the correct VPI/VCI pair automatically; but, if not you will have to dig around the AT&T forums for instructions on FTP access.

The SS5100b can be configured either for PPPoE on the modem, PPPoE on the computer/router, or bridge mode. If CenturyLink is not using PPPoE, then you will have to bridge the SS5100b modem, and set the router for "Dynamic IP Address (DHCP)" mode.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to FrustatedCen

MVM

to FrustatedCen
Login to the router and change the WAN connection type from PPPOE to DHCP. That should fix your problem.
Expand your moderator at work