Re: SB6120 resetting regularly

Click for full size
Signal levels
Click for full size
Logs, sans MAC's
Alright, I'll start from the top.

1) Your location: Katy, TX

2) Modem resetting

3) Is the issue intermittent, constant or does it occur at a specific time of day? Intermittent, fully random.

4) Your modem make, model & firmware version.
Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.3.3-SCM00-NOSH

5) Describe any home networking if applicable: Direct connection from router to computer.

6) List any firewall and/or anti-virus software you have installed. Only basic windows 7 firewall.

• What indicator lights does the modem have and the current status of each. (i.e. constant or blinking)
-During resets, everything goes out except the power light, as the modem then reconnects normally. During normal connection, Solid green for Power, Send, and Online. Solid blue for Receive, and blinking blue for Link.

• Post the modem's Signal Levels & Log Entries
- Attached

• Give a description of the cable & splitters configuration in your home leading to the modem.
-Directly connected to my wall. I don't know beyond that, because I'm in an apartment.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

IMHO this does not appear to be a signal problem. Your signals look just fine. All other data you provided looks OK too.

Could be an intermittent connection through the apartment's wiring or could be a bad modem (unlikely but possible).

You could try posting in the Comcast Direct forum for more personalized help.