uniqs
dan991199
join:2007-10-01
St Catharines, ON

dan991199 to Soundguy

to Soundguy

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by Soundguy :

It's been 9 days now and I'm happy. The speed is great and the price is even better. I've noticed a few hiccups with irc not staying connected, but if that's the biggest issue, I'll gladly take it versus abysmally slow dsl.

good to hear.
AwolRJ1
join:2007-01-05
Niagara Falls, ON

AwolRJ1

Allen sounded like a nice guy on the phone I will find out on Tues next week! Like ppl said b4 anything has to be better then the bell I was on!
smallj53
join:2002-08-25
Niagara Falls, ON

smallj53

So any more news on this? I've contacted them too just to see if I could run cogeco and iktel at the same time (like you can with dsl--just change the modem settings) but their polite reply was "no."

I'm going to try them, because dsl in my part of Niagara Falls is hit or miss. Just waiting for a day when I have the time to buy their cable modem.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by smallj53:

So any more news on this? I've contacted them too just to see if I could run cogeco and iktel at the same time (like you can with dsl--just change the modem settings) but their polite reply was "no."

You can run two modems at the same time. I've done it. They can't take your existing Cogeco-owned modem and re-provision it for iktel though.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by smallj53:

You can run two modems at the same time. I've done it. They can't take your existing Cogeco-owned modem and re-provision it for iktel though.

Because I'm pretty sure minus some areas that they absorbed many moons ago, Cogeco includes the modem rental as part of the fee for the service, or lease, or whatever it was, Cogeco owns all the modems, easier for the customer, easier for Cogeco so nobody points fingers at faulty equipment...

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

Because I'm pretty sure minus some areas that they absorbed many moons ago, Cogeco includes the modem rental as part of the fee for the service, or lease, or whatever it was, Cogeco owns all the modems, easier for the customer, easier for Cogeco so nobody points fingers at faulty equipment...

Cogeco retail service always owns the modems, correct. TPIA has the ability to use customer-owned equipment, though it needs to be approved by Cogeco.

In other words, I my mother owns her own DCM425 right now.
dan991199
join:2007-10-01
St Catharines, ON

dan991199 to smallj53

to smallj53
said by smallj53:

I'm going to try them, because dsl in my part of Niagara Falls is hit or miss. Just waiting for a day when I have the time to buy their cable modem.

i get mine installed tomorrow, i will have Cogeco and Iktel at the same time (2 different networks of course.) i'll report back on speed tomorrow.
dan991199

dan991199

installed and pushing everything its promised so far this is the 16Mbit package.
lens3002
join:2004-04-13
Thorold, ON

lens3002

Looks good Dan I cant wait till friday to get mine.

neflixfan
@nwic.ca

neflixfan to dan991199

Anon

to dan991199
what happens if you try to go to us netflix/hulu?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by neflixfan :

what happens if you try to go to us netflix/hulu?

No go. The IPs are Canadian.

tonydp
@74.198.9.x

tonydp to neflixfan

Anon

to neflixfan
Anyone using their phone too?
AwolRJ1
join:2007-01-05
Niagara Falls, ON

AwolRJ1

I'm gonna order there phone just bell wants 30 days notice so I figure I will see how smooth the internet is for a month! So far so good!