spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lugnut

@look.ca

Looking for Advice on Ereader

Hi all, I suddenly find myself in the market for an ereader and this particular one, the Skytex Primer caught my eye as best bang for the buck.

»www.amazon.com/SKYTEX-Primer-Col···044ZBXEO

At first I was thinking tablet, but they are still too pricey for my blood and with this I think all I'd have to give up are the internet functions like email and browsing.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Anything else out there that can handle a comparable number of formats in color for that price?

Inkjet

join:2011-06-09
Bell, CA

Buying eReader is a great idea and I also want to have one. If your needs can wait it would be better to save more and wait until you finally arrive at the amount that will allow you to get the best buy.

lugnut

@look.ca

The thing is that this particular model supports more formats and features than models costing twice the price.

My only real concerns after reading more reviews is build quality and battery life.

I don't want to be locked into any single vendor's proprietary formats.

The built in radio and ability to listen to music while reading is a big plus too. As well as the color screen.

Honestly I haven't seen any other readers on the market that come close for the price, but my only other realistic option would be an android tablet and those are still way too pricey for what you get for the money.

lugnut

@look.ca
reply to Inkjet

I went ahead and bought the Skytex. It can do what I want without all the added expense of bells and whistles.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to lugnut

Just FYI:

»www.mobileread.com/forums/showth···t=skytex

lugnut

@look.ca

Thanks for the info. Haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but have received it and charged it up. That thread is pretty much the same as all the others I've read. Mixed reviews, mostly favorable with some concerns about battery life. I'll post some opinions of it here once I've had a real opportunity to sit down and play with it.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to lugnut

Always interested in hearing about experiences with other ereaders, since I slowly seem to be turning into a collector of them - lol.

Inkjet

join:2011-06-09
Bell, CA
reply to lugnut

Android tablet will do. It is a practical choice for the people who want to experience technology at an affordable price.