uniqs
share rss forum feed

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL
reply to browncoat

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 trying to come up in Montgomery?

said by browncoat:

Here at work (Eastern Blvd, just west of 1-85) we still have the old slow speed.

My work has an office off Eastern Blvd. My account rep told us it would be "early October".

browncoat

join:2008-12-02
Montgomery, AL
reply to MGMUser
We still don't have the higher speeds at work, and we are in your general vicinity. I'd call and raise hades if it were me.

straximus

join:2011-09-28
reply to MGMUser
Getting 18/19Mb down, but still only 320Kb up. In Forest Hills area off of Perry Hill Rd.

straximus

join:2011-09-28
Just remembered that I have QoS setup on my router. I'm getting the proper 2Mb up now.

MGMUser

@hservinc.org
Well, almost middle of October, and still no change. Cable modem still shows 4 bonded channels, (as is has since the middle of July), but still not speed increase. 6-ish down, 380k up. Knology support (on 3 occasions in the past 2 months) has told me "real soon now". Does anyone have any info/success/failure stories to share? I'm just off Eastern Blvd, behind the old Sam's, supposedly on the "C" hub, according to the tech. I reboot the modem about every other night, and hope "maybe today...", but so far, no joy.

browncoat

Montgomery, AL
Knology says that as of October 18th, all hubs have been switched over to DOCSIS 3. We do not have a DOCSIS 3 modem here at work so I cannot verify this. Just throwing this out there.

browncoat

Montgomery, AL
Reviews:
·Charter

Result at work with Motorola SB6120 DOCSIS 3.0 modem.

jmadden

join:2005-04-11
Montgomery, AL
Browncoat, can you tell me what version of the firmware your modem is using? I have the exact same modem, but am still getting 6MB down, and 386k up. I reboot the modem almost every night. I realize I won't get your speeds, but DOCSIS 3.0 should give me 12MB down if memory serves.

browncoat

Montgomery, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
I don't have a clue. We ordered this from Amazon last Friday and got it on Tuesday. The only thing I can tell you is that Knology says all the city has been switched to the higher speeds as of a week or two ago. At work we did have to call and tell the we were paying for the 30/5 service, at home I didn't, the speeds just jumped up.

If you can tell me how to check the firmware version I'll be glad to post that. In the meantime, I'd call and raise heck with Knology.

jmadden

join:2005-04-11
Montgomery, AL
If you look at the modem's web page (it's »192.168.100.1 on mine), and look at the Help tab, it will show the Firmware Name. Mine is
SB6120-1.0.1.8-SCM02-NOSH

Knology is sending a tech next week.

Thanks for you help!

browncoat

Montgomery, AL
Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.3.3-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0

That's at work, hope that helps.