cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

cchheett

Premium Member

[Newsgroups] Newsgroups searching , supersearch, grabit, newsbin

I would like to use supersearch or using one of the searches like grabit search, or newsbins search, but im not if one of those searches is better. Can anyone suggest what one is better?

I'm really thinking of buying newsbin with the good deal that its going now. I think the searching is 5 bucks a month for the searching for unlimited. Thanks for any info.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

Re: [Newsgroups] Newsgroups searching , supersearch, grabit, new

I have Newsbin and I like it but I do not use the search function (too high for me). I use NewzBin (paid about $25 per year), NZBMatrix (1 time $10 for life), Binsearch.info (free) and MysteryBin.com (free). Newzbin while at about 600 days offers comments and raw searches. NZBMatrix has comments, 1100 days but no raw searches. The other 2 have raw searches but no comments but are in the 1000 day range on retention.

All those will allow you to create an NZB file and drop it into Newsbin (or any other NZB capable program).

Hope this helps.

NewsgroupRev
Premium Member
join:2008-06-25

NewsgroupRev to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
We've used them all and find Newsbin and Supersearch to be a nice convenience since they are each built into the readers. Yet free (or nearly free) sites like Binsearch, NZB.cc, NZBMatrix, Newzbin and Mysterbin are all fine alternatives. Even when using the built-in engines we like NZBMatrix for comments.

- NGR
Newsgroup Reviews

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
Newsleecher Supersearch is what I use mostly, but NZBMatrix is sometimes used to check comments and such.

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

cchheett

Premium Member

Just a little note that I thought I would talk about. I payed for newsbin and also I pay extra for the search thing "not what its called". I have had it for about a week or so. It does what I need it for. If i need a single file, it is so fast and easy. When I use nzb's for other thing It finds stuff that the Nzb's dont find. I know a lot of people can search etc, but I had a stoke last year and I don't find things without a little more searching. Just wanted to say that Newsbin was the first program that I payed for, and it was worth it.