share rss forum feed

Ukiah Jim

join:2011-04-21
Ukiah, CA
reply to ILpt4U

Re: IP-DSLAM FAQ

said by ILpt4U:

said by Ukiah Jim:

I've heard from several techs that the 2Wire is a superior piece of equipment too, FWIW.

An example: To qualify for the Max 12 or Max 18 speeds on IPDSLAM, you HAVE to have the Moto 2210. The 2Wire 2701 is not compatible with the faster speeds. Superiority? I'll let each decide on his/her own

Yeah, they did say it's only good up to 6mbps, but much more reliable. Just what I heard.

kn2011

@dslextreme.com
I current have traditional DSL with 6Mb/768K plan with DSLExtreme. If I move to AT&T, I can only qualify for IP-DSLAM PRO 3.0Mb. Why is this ?

StLCardsFan

join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA
Reviews:
·LUS Fiber
said by kn2011 :

I current have traditional DSL with 6Mb/768K plan with DSLExtreme. If I move to AT&T, I can only qualify for IP-DSLAM PRO 3.0Mb. Why is this ?

who knows man. Att has very bizarre business models. Personally ..i wouldn't change then.

mrexcelion

join:2008-08-06
reply to kn2011
@KN: I originally qualified for ATT Traditional DSL 6mb when I signed up for it a year ago. Now that they've transitioned over, I too only see 3mb. I assumed it was because they saw that my attenuation is usually around 48 and SNRs were around 6-9, which is borderline for the 6mb plan, and the service did lose sync in the evenings because of that, so I assume they changed it in their system only offer me 3 now. Could be an automatic thing the system does based on line stats, or maybe they got a tad bit more stringent with requirements for IP-DSLAM.