spc
uniqs
DrAwesome
join:2011-07-02
Bellevue, NE

DrAwesome to dvd536

to dvd536

Re: Cisco DPC3010 logs?

Don't bother with brute forcing. No username or password is set. Clicking on "Log In" will log you in as long as you leave everything blank. (you can find this out by looking at the HTML code) However, you still only have access to the same information you did before you logged in.

As for whether Cisco or Cox did this, where is the supporting information on blaming this on Cox? I'm not sure if they would go through all that trouble to lock this thing down, especially since there really isn't anything there for the end user to either screw up due to lack of knowledge or exploit to steal service.

That being said, it might be possible to just type in the location of those pages you want to get into in the URL bar. I just gone through the code to find out there is no password, I'll have to go through it again to see if i can figure out the name of the log webpage.
DrAwesome

DrAwesome

Well good news is, I was able to look through my browser history and find out the location of the pages that show more information:

»192.168.100.1/Docsis_log.htm
»192.168.100.1/Docsis_signal.htm
»192.168.100.1/Docsis_status.htm
»192.168.100.1/Docsis_speed.htm
»192.168.100.1/ChannelsSe ··· tion.htm

Bad news is they all redirect to Docsis_system.htm. I'll have to keep digging, but I don't find it very likely. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure this out.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to DrAwesome

Premium Member

to DrAwesome
said by DrAwesome:

Don't bother with brute forcing. No username or password is set. Clicking on "Log In" will log you in as long as you leave everything blank. (you can find this out by looking at the HTML code) However, you still only have access to the same information you did before you logged in.

Its in the firmware, not the html coding.
DrAwesome
join:2011-07-02
Bellevue, NE

DrAwesome

The log in is indeed within the html coding. The html is stored in the firmware. I can show you the code if you would like.

Logging in does not allow you to access the the logs though. You still only have access to the Docsis_system.htm page which only shows you the same information you can see without logging in.

Anyways, the following thread has some info with verification from coxtech1 explaining that there are some user changeable settings on this modem that can change service so that is why they took a lot of the informational pages out of the firmware as well as the page that cox is concerned about. I hope they fix this in the future to allow us access to the log page.

»[OK] Modem rebooting every hour or less