nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to Gone

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by Gone:

said by smallj53:

So any more news on this? I've contacted them too just to see if I could run cogeco and iktel at the same time (like you can with dsl--just change the modem settings) but their polite reply was "no."

You can run two modems at the same time. I've done it. They can't take your existing Cogeco-owned modem and re-provision it for iktel though.

Because I'm pretty sure minus some areas that they absorbed many moons ago, Cogeco includes the modem rental as part of the fee for the service, or lease, or whatever it was, Cogeco owns all the modems, easier for the customer, easier for Cogeco so nobody points fingers at faulty equipment...

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by nitzguy:

Because I'm pretty sure minus some areas that they absorbed many moons ago, Cogeco includes the modem rental as part of the fee for the service, or lease, or whatever it was, Cogeco owns all the modems, easier for the customer, easier for Cogeco so nobody points fingers at faulty equipment...

Cogeco retail service always owns the modems, correct. TPIA has the ability to use customer-owned equipment, though it needs to be approved by Cogeco.

In other words, I my mother owns her own DCM425 right now.