Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

Today's the day!

Well nobody has called to tell me not to show up at Mercury, so it looks as if today will be my first real day back on the job, ratifying the contract signed with the agency last week...

- FM
--
This just in from the department of redundancy department...

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

good luck.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL
kudos:2
reply to FutureMon

Best of luck!

ohdan

join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA
reply to FutureMon

Cool! Now you can come home after a hard day's work and complain about your job. There is no other fonder American pastime.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

If you can picture the move Brazil.
That is the environment he is entering.

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

Well I've already got my temporary PC set up, on the network, got my key fob and I'm sitting right in front of Mike B...

- FM

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
Downers Grove, IL

Michael Bolton? And get back to work!

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand
reply to FutureMon

Finally I can say, "Congratulations!"
Man, it's been a long time coming!

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

said by Waldothe3rd:

Finally I can say, "Congratulations!"
Man, it's been a long time coming!

LOLZ Yeah I know. And they're already fighting over who gets my time (Rate Level work vs. Maintenance)

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

Just let me know what they say about me.
Considering what I mumble about other peoples work... (Why the hell did he do that??, and yes I know there are a million ways to do things, it just is the way it is) it should be interesting, and at least worth a laugh.
--
Remember, you are a nutjob, but they should not find anything wrong with your work.

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

All I can say at this point is that I overheard Mike talking with someone on the phone yesterday - and he said that "Patrick taught Daryl everything he knows"...lol

So I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

shit.
Well not everything, but I would think that is a compliment.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

So now, the new account manager at RCM is talking shit about how I was supposedly under a non compete clause "through July" and I wasn't supposed to be talking to any other agencies.

Nevermind the fact that RCM didn't do JACK Shit for me the whole 7 months I was out of work.

Nevermind the fact that my contract through them ended on December 31st, which means the non compete expired at the end of June.

- FM
--

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA

most non-competes in California are void: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-compet···lifornia

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA
reply to FutureMon

If RCM had gotten off of their but, I would probably be working there now. But I had enough time to go to an interview, and now I am in Monterey. So the can keep whining.
--
Remember, you are a nutjob, but they should not find anything wrong with your work.

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

Oh it's all coming back to me now.

Need access to a folder on the network? Open an ITSR.

Need to look at incident tickets? Open an ITSR.

Need to sneeze? Open an ITSR.

- FM

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

but I ain't complainin!

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

If you are looking at maintenance, I did most of them, and saved them in the Source safe, If they are still there.
Tell John K and David Hernandez I said Hi.
--

FM

@mercuryinsurance.com

I'm surprised you guys shelved my Installshield 10.5 upgrade...I may end up resurrecting it now that I am back. Mike has me building a local build machine for him that emulates the entire compile and distribute procedure that CM uses so he can do his own builds to dev instead of waiting on CM...

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

That was Peter's choice I believe.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA

Thats a bummer. I spent months on that thing and had it working pretty well (at least on my machine...lol)

- FM
--

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

It was given to me after you left. I had it ready.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

So it's the end of my 2nd week, and after a dozen or so ITRACs (I.T. Resource/Software Requests for those of you who haven't worked there before), I have determined that, quite simply, VB 6 is never going to play nice on Windows 7 Enterprise (32bit) with UAC forced on. Even with local admin privileges, which to get was like pulling teeth.

They said it "should" work. I just proved them wrong. I can't even compile a single DLL without it complaining "permission denied" or VB 6 just crashing and burning in the middle of an attempt.

So now I've issued an incident to get them to reimage my machine with XP Pro, and reinstall all the relevant applications I need to support Quicksilver development. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have a machine I can actually use to do my work.

- FM
--

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

why not just use one of the VM machines to do all of the compiling on?

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I gave them that option too; but they said it's gonna cost 'em a license anyway, so it's less "hoops" to just image a PC.

The last time Mike asked for a VM they told him he'd have to buy an entire server rack to house it...lol talk about a WTF???

- FM
--

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
Gilroy, CA

Oh, did they forget the multitudes of images they already had.
Makes me real glad I did not take that job.
--

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
Downers Grove, IL
reply to FutureMon

XP Mode?

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
reply to FutureMon

Are you credentialed to install apps on your workstation? Can you plug in a USB drive? Can you RDP out into the public Internet?

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I researched XP Mode, and what I read was that you did not need an additional license to use it within Virtual PC. However, the company is very management top heavy, and very, very uppity about software licensing, so they think they have to buy a license anyway.

With local admin I can install apps, but they inventory them every time you log in and if you've installed something without proper authorization you get into some big trouble...otherwise I'd have just gone ahead and set up the VM with XP Mode already.

- FM
--

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

Can you RDP, or more specifically use VNC to a remote host?