uniqs
TechGuy99
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Flushing, NY

TechGuy99

Premium Member

3g switch to 4g

Does anyone know for sure if you have a 3g unlimited plan that you will be grandfathered in if you switch to a 4g phone after the 7th?

Or is it only from 4g to 4g?

Killa200
Premium Member
join:2005-12-02
TN

Killa200

Premium Member

That is something I'd like to know as well, as that is the position I am sitting in for my upgrade path.

rit56
join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

rit56

Considering what we're dealing with, Verizon, I would say no. They will come up with some lame reason why switching from 3g to 4g you are starting over due to blah blah....

Consumer revolt needed. The thing that amazes me is that there is no independent party handling the meters to check how much bandwidth you use.....
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to TechGuy99

to TechGuy99
said by TechGuy99:

Does anyone know for sure if you have a 3g unlimited plan that you will be grandfathered in if you switch to a 4g phone after the 7th?

Or is it only from 4g to 4g?

If you don't switch by the 6th( which is tomorrow ) you are not grandfathered. New pricing is for both 3G and 4G devices.

asdfdfdfdfdf
@myvzw.com

asdfdfdfdfdf to TechGuy99

Anon

to TechGuy99
I'm not a verizon employee but I can say with almost 100% assurance that there is no way you would be grandfathered in if you switch to a different service. Even the most minor changes are typically considered a change in contract. I had texting blocked on my 3g account because I was having to pay for spam texts that I wasn't even looking at and I lost my warranty extension on the mifi the day I did so. Although they didn't explicitly state it I'm sure it's because it was classified as a change of contract.

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH
·AT&T Wireless Br..

CaptainRR to TechGuy99

Premium Member

to TechGuy99
I don't have to worry about that one. I have the original Moto Droid and my plan comes due on the 6th! I had been holding out for the promised Moto Bionic but that is out of the picture now. I am upgrading tomorrow to lock in for two years on a upgrade from 3g to LTE.
tdmachine
join:2011-07-06
Mount Juliet, TN

tdmachine to 88615298

to 88615298
If you are on the $29.99 unlimited data for smartphone feature you WILL be grandfathered even when going to a 4g device. The current smartphone customers in jeopardy are the customers on the Blackberry BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) $44.99 plan. You need to be SPECIFICALLY on the $29.99 unlimited data for smartphone feature.

Killa200
Premium Member
join:2005-12-02
TN

Killa200

Premium Member

said by tdmachine:

If you are on the $29.99 unlimited data for smartphone feature you WILL be grandfathered even when going to a 4g device. The current smartphone customers in jeopardy are the customers on the Blackberry BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) $44.99 plan. You need to be SPECIFICALLY on the $29.99 unlimited data for smartphone feature.

If that is the case, then it is definitely news I am glad to hear.