Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

[FP] I've donated a tiny bit, but not enough to feel like a memb

I've donated a few dollars but it was in return for getting some retired folders, and I haven't been able to keep up on the donations lately. I plan on doing a small donation when I get paid near the end of the month, but on to my question:

I have some hardware that I'd gladly donate towards becoming a foldy if it were deemed that that hardware was worthy enough to do folding.

Here's what I have:

A DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR motherboard, a top board in its heyday, replete with 4 SATA I and 4 SATA II, a pair of EIDE controller slots, a Evercool VC-RE Northbridge cooler, new battery, SLI capable along with a x4 PCI Express slot on top, good MOSFET cooling, floppy controllers, dual gigabit LAN, stand alone sound module, 4 LED diagnoses exterior case readout, and much more.

A pair of Team Xtreem Cronus M Premium low latency DDR1-500+ of 2 x 1 GB sticks. 2 GB Total for pair. Gold thermalspreaders, premium ICs. Established overclocker RAM

An AMD Toledo 4800+ socket 939 2.4 that will run at 3.0 and up with the right settings and cooling.

A thermalright XP-120 lapped to a mirror finish, bare copper, a cutting edge heat sink in its day. Paired with an ultra-dependable Panasonic Panaflo hydrawave 120mm x 38mm HS/F FAN with custom cabling.

All above was running last time I checked and is fully assembled. All the above including below video card are a setup.

Would need help with shipping as I don't have shipping materials, no original cases, thanks to a so called friend not shipping my stuff to me.

Also:

A Gigabyte GA-MA 770-UD3 AM2/AM3 motherboard that runs DDR2 RAM @ 1066. All solid caps. No MOSFET cooling, 6 SATA, 1 EIDE channel. It's in working order HOWEVER, it has damaged 2 sets of RAM so far. The second yellow RAM slot seems to be the sole culprit. The board did go into service but evidently wasn't completely fixed or failed right after it returned with this one issue. It runs fine on one stick and may run fine on 2 sticks in the 2 Red slots, just avoid the 2nd yellow slot. It's an entry level overclocker's board with lots of features.

An AMD Phenom II processor X3 710 Heka 2.6 GHz that won't OC or open fourth core, but works @ spec. 1.5 years old I think. No heatsink ATM, but might be able to get one...

A EVGA video card, 7950GT, a sturdy, well cared for dependable down rev gamer video card that won't run folding on it because it is too early a model, but is a good card. Clean.

I could donate these to be foldys when I have the money to ship them, but I'd need help getting anti static bags and boxes to ship them in.

Otherwise, they are just going to sit here waiting to become folders when I have the budget, for me they have no other purpose right now, other than maybe back up.

The heka will go on to the gigabyte board but will need heatsink, RAM, and video card, and the rest.

The Toledo is mounted with the HS/F, RAM, and cooling ready to go. The EVGA video card is perfect for it.

In any case, a blade board or case, a SMPS, a HD, Cables, OD, Keyboard, and mouse would be needed to complete the rest for the two systems

If the group needs these, can use them, and can help me get them shipped, I want to donate them.

The gigabyte board could be sent back in for service again to resolve RAM Slot issue. It is still under warranty as is the Heka processor.

The Team RAM is lifetime warranty, the rest of that system is EOL and out of warranty.

What do you think guys, worth making into foldys?