uniqs
share rss forum feed

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
reply to 88615298

Re: And another thing...

My new every two is about to hit. So once I upgrade to a new phone.. I will not have unlimited data anymore?
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

No, you'll still be unlimited as long as you maintain your existing plan regardless of your device. New/Added lines won't be eligible and changing your plan obviously loses the unlimited status.

CaptainRR
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH
reply to MuDvAyNe

My original Motorola Droid came up for renewal yesterday and I grabbed a LTE 4g phone and locked in for two years at unlimited data. Talk about perfect timing!

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to openbox9

said by openbox9:

No, you'll still be unlimited as long as you maintain your existing plan regardless of your device. New/Added lines won't be eligible and changing your plan obviously loses the unlimited status.

Well this is where they will get you. A few years ago I had to change my plan because the plan somehow couldn't support a smartphone when I got the original Blackberry Storm. I am sure a year or two down the line everyone will have to change their plan resulting in no more unlimited data.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

I have no doubt that VZW will entice customers to move away from the unlimited grandfathered plans, and then eventually "force" the remaining base. Enjoy it while you've got it