All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RogersElise
join:2010-09-08
Canada

RogersElise

Rogers launches the first Canadian LTE network in Ottawa!

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know that Rogers launched today Canada's first LTE network and Ottawans are the first in Canada to experience it.

Yes, our Ottawa LTE network is LIVE!

The first device LTE-enabled device is the LTE Rocket™ stick available at four Ottawa-area locations. »www.rogers.com/LTERocketStick

We're also planning to go live this fall in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

You'll have more details on our RedBoard post: »redboard.rogers.com/2011 ··· is-live/
jackie999
join:2008-08-13
Aurora, ON

jackie999

I'm a little behind the times..I assume this LTE Rocket is super fast internet? So..no usage caps?

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster

Premium Member

said by jackie999:

I'm a little behind the times..I assume this LTE Rocket is super fast internet? So..no usage caps?

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!! LTE means "Pay through the nose by exceeding your measly Rocket Stick cap in record speeds"
jackie999
Aurora, ON

jackie999 to RogersElise

to RogersElise
No..really..I don't know about this new technology ...I assume, faster download would translate to a very high limit, or probably unlimited ...would only make sense, otherwise why the need for speed?
RogersElise
Canada

RogersElise

I completely understand your question!

LTE is the fastest wireless network technology on the planet and the future of wireless experience.

It will change the way you use the Internet on your mobile devices, may it be a Rocket Stick or your smartphone, by enabling fast speed mobile Internet in any location, on any LTE-enabled device. For instance, you'll be able to make and receive video calls that are completely clear and virtually seamless.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

2 edits

bt to jackie999

to jackie999
said by jackie999:

I assume, faster download would translate to a very high limit, or probably unlimited...

Think about it, we're talking about Rogers here....

It's a flex plan that bumps you up to the next tier automatically.

$45 for up to 1.5GB
$60 for 1.5 to 3GB
$75 for 3 to 6GB
$90 for 6 to 9GB
$10/GB past 9GB monthly

So, at the cheapest, you're getting $10/GB.

As for speeds, the Rogers FAQ says the typical speeds will be 12-25Mbps, with speeds up to 75Mbps possible with the current hardware.

At even the low end "typical" speed of 12 Mbps, you'd be paying $75 in about 35 minutes of full usage, and could quite easily be up to that within an hour even without maxing out the speeds.

Edit: Silly me, I almost forgot! Make sure you add in the "Government Regulatory Recovery Fee" as well as the $35 activation fee.
jackie999
Aurora, ON

jackie999 to RogersElise

to RogersElise
said by RogersElise:

I completely understand your question!

LTE is the fastest wireless network technology on the planet and the future of wireless experience.

It will change the way you use the Internet on your mobile devices, may it be a Rocket Stick or your smartphone, by enabling fast speed mobile Internet in any location, on any LTE-enabled device. For instance, you'll be able to make and receive video calls that are completely clear and virtually seamless.

Actually...I don't think you did understand my question since your response didn't answer it. Again, is it unlimited?
Was that an automated response?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Of course it was! The social media team is there for PR, so they avoid such questions!

Of course it's not unlimited ... this is one of the major incumbent ISPs we're talking here ... every chance for pure profit is grabbed!
bt
canada

bt to jackie999

to jackie999
said by jackie999:

Again, is it unlimited?

There is no limit*!

*to how high your bill can get
RogersElise
Canada

1 edit

RogersElise to jackie999

to jackie999
Sorry, I thought you were asking about the technology itself.

Data plans and pricing can be found here:
»www.rogerslte.com/new-lt ··· -devices
jackie999
Aurora, ON

jackie999

Thankyou Elise ....I guess this new technology isn't for me. I'm old school - I would rather have higher limits at a slower speed - I'm in no hurry to hit my cap.
Thanks again for the link - I had looked on the site earlier and couldn't find anything on it.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I wish someone would get them to report in detail what a government regulatory recovery fee is!

$5 per GB ... what a rip off!
nhs ice
join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON

nhs ice to RogersElise

to RogersElise
I wish one day I can be as rich as the Hilton's family and specially like Paris Hilton to dump the cash into robbers. Even Bil gate will consider these gbs/$/m for all of these baloney crap internet from Canada
bt
canada

bt to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

$5 per GB ... what a rip off!

$5? No, no - it's $10 per GB at it's best. The first 1.5GB are $30/GB!

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

6 GB is 75, 9 GB is 90 ... therefore the additional 3GB was $15 so you paid 5 per GB. Am I missing something.

Above 9GB you're paying $10 ... true

and the increment 1.5 to 3 is also $10/GB

It's still crazy.
sbrook

sbrook to RogersElise

Mod

to RogersElise
And just like Cell, and rural internet, I'm just outside the coverage area and yet within Ottawa, so it remains the Square Root of Useless.
bt
canada

bt to sbrook

to sbrook
True, for that one bump, it's an additional $5/GB. But you were paying an average of $12.50/GB for the 6GB before that, and your overall average at 9GB is still $10/GB.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

except that isn't the data fee alone ... it's the total service fee.
bt
canada

bt

It's a rocket stick, what else is there to use other than data? That's really what it comes down to for the customer - nobody will be getting this for the 3 email addresses or the security suite.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to RogersElise

to RogersElise
LOL @ Rogers' data rates.

Wind Mobile has unlimited internet for $29 with a free data stick.

»www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pa ··· ans.aspx

Or you can add infinite + tethering to your phone for $20.

Screw you, Rogers.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to RogersElise

to RogersElise
$100 a month for 9GB?

I mean, there's probably a fair number of stupid rich people out there. Good on Rogers for taking advantage of them.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28 to RogersElise

Premium Member

to RogersElise
I live in the US I have seen some greedy bastards and I have seen some really really really greedy bastards. Rogers falls in the really really really greedy bastards category.

sybarite
@storm.ca

sybarite to JAC70

Anon

to JAC70
except wind caps your rate to 256 kilo after 5G!!!

Rogers has little or no competition, hence they do what they want. i'm all for opening our telecom to foreign companies. That's the only way we get some real competition. it will be a long time before wind, etc. have enough money to build networks to compete with Rogers/Bell. Getting the likes of AT&T, Verizon, would speed things up.
said by JAC70:

Screw you, Rogers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to JAC70

Premium Member

to JAC70
said by JAC70:

Screw you, Rogers.

Oh but it's not LTE, it's not the fastest
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to sybarite

Premium Member

to sybarite
said by sybarite :

They reserve the right to, but so far I not heard them doing so.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to jchambers28

Premium Member

to jchambers28
said by jchambers28:

I live in the US I have seen some greedy bastards and I have seen some really really really greedy bastards. Rogers falls in the really really really greedy bastards category.

No no you got it all wrong, they're not greedy, they're blood sucking money grubby c*k*rs. Once they latch on to you they won't let go till they have drained you dry.

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg to RogersElise

Premium Member

to RogersElise
Well, from their link at:»www.rogerslte.com/new-lt ··· -devices
UNLIMITED Social Networking3
Looks like this: »harmonica.typepad.com/.a ··· 0c-500wi is being implemented by this AOLRogers company....

Walled garden? Nah... just an illusion.
rainor94
join:2009-03-05

rainor94 to sybarite

to sybarite
said by sybarite :

Rogers has little or no competition, hence they do what they want. i'm all for opening our telecom to foreign companies. That's the only way we get some real competition. it will be a long time before wind, etc. have enough money to build networks to compete with Rogers/Bell. Getting the likes of AT&T, Verizon, would speed things up.

Did 80gb on WIND in a month until they capped me and this is with my $40 Miracle Plan which included voice and texting.

Fallen
@rogers.com

Fallen

Anon

said by rainor94:

Did 80gb on WIND in a month until they capped me and this is with my $40 Miracle Plan which included voice and texting.

Where's this Miracle Plan on Wind's website? I don't see it at all.

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to RogersElise

to RogersElise
Is this the price for the data stick only? I wonder if I could use a LTE smart phone with the 6GB plan and still tether for free. I just hope apple makes the iPhone 5/4GS with LTE.