All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Re: Third party Providor

Millenicom $59.95 20 gbs, no contract. What is the problem?

Or Sprint $69.95 unlimited no contract.

Been using Millenicom for years. No worries.
openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

Millenicom offers smartphones with voice service?
xenophon

join:2007-09-17

1 edit

This is an interesting position from an analyst about Sprint capitalizing on being the only unlimited carrier... Apple will want Sprint since they are only unlimited carrier left....

»www.bizjournals.com/mobile/kansa···tel.html

Edit: oops, wrong thread
davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
No. NO PHONES. Only USB devices for connecting to laptops, 3G/4G routers, and desktops.
openbox9
Premium
Germany

Kind of irrelevant for what most people affected by this change are looking for then.
davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

The issue for us USB modem users is to see all data use treated the same by the carriers. If I have a 5GB data cap for $50, then so should anyone else using a $50 plan from a carrier. Many of us also wanted the elimination of a tethering charge for phones. USB modems did not have a tethering charge for data, so why should a phone have a tethering charge when it is used as a modem. We are looking for modem data costs to be the same as phone data costs from a particular carrier. I have to use a Voyager phone and a USB 760 modem from Verizon. I would have liked have "Unlimited data" on the modem. I got it on the phone. I pay almost the same price for data for each device. I get a 5GB cap on the USB and "Unlimited" on the Voyager. Verizon needs to get even more coherent with data pricing. No tethering charge for phones and the same per GB prices for phones and modems.
openbox9
Premium
Germany

said by davidhoffman:

I pay almost the same price for data for each device. I get a 5GB cap on the USB and "Unlimited" on the Voyager.

The anticipated usage profiles are different between a USB modem for your laptop and a smartphone...granted the usages profiles will be converging even more now due to the caps. VZW (and the other carriers) price the different services accordingly to the expected usage. That's also a reason why the carriers are charging extra for tethering and are doing their best to squash tethering that breaks their model.