uniqs
share rss forum feed

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1

5 Best Places To Live - If You're An Illegal Alien

Despite extremely high unemployment and taxes and impending state and local government insolvency Californians are a welcoming folk.
quote:
1. California

California’s state motto “Eureka” (I have found it!) aptly applies here. The state's population includes 3.2 million illegal aliens -- almost 24% of all illegal aliens in America -- have chosen the Golden State as their preferred domicile.

Despite its $26 billion budget deficit, the state spends $21.5 billion dollars annually subsidizing illegal alien health care, education, welfare, other state benefits and criminal justice. Every California native-born household chips in $2438 each year to help.
Read more at: »www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/06/···RRdKBnhY
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
If the Denizens of the U.S. would get off their fat rear ends and pick the fruits and veggies, for pennies then we could kill two birds with one stone.

well I would have said that once, till I moved up here, and realized what shit work it actually is. Just glad to have someone doing it.
--
Remember, you are a nutjob, but they should not find anything wrong with your work.

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
reply to sholling
We disagree here. This has always been an Conservative Red Herring. The $21.5 billion figure is misleading as it doesn't take into consideration the tax revenue generated directly and indirectly by illegal aliens working and spending.

But these financial stats pale with respect to this:
Who's children and grandchildren do you think will be paying for your social security benefits?

If it wasn't for the influx of foreigners, illegal or otherwise, there would be no population growth. No "bottom of the social security, Medicare, Medicade, Prescription drug part D" ponzi-pyramid scam.

Would you trade your social security/medicare benefits for the repatriation of all illegals? Because that's the choice that needs to be made.

sholling
Premium
Hemet, CA
That's always been red herring because the amount that illegals pay in taxes is almost nothing. Don't get me wrong I'm for legal immigration. I'm for a temporary worker program for farm workers and a permanent immigration program (during periods of low unemployment) for skilled workers that will not wind up taking more from the system than they pay in. The damage done by illegals talking jobs that Americans will do goes far beyond any social security payments. The ponzi scheme will just have to get fixed without their drain on the system.
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to sholling
And as usual, the Fox tabloid style serves up only half of the story because inciting emotion sells more ads than educating.

California gains economic benefit from illegals. That's why they've been encouraged to come here and to many other states. Employers knowingly hire them while the Feds turn a blind eye.

There are fewer illegals in California now than before the recession. They left to find work. Free market in action.

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to dogma
said by dogma:

We disagree here. This has always been an Conservative Red Herring. The $21.5 billion figure is misleading as it doesn't take into consideration the tax revenue generated directly and indirectly by illegal aliens working and spending.

it also just flatly isn't true. plus, it's misleading to put prisons LAST, when the cost of jailing is the most expensive, and is often subsidized by the feds.
--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to TheRul
said by TheRul:

If the Denizens of the U.S. would get off their fat rear ends and pick the fruits and veggies, for pennies then we could kill two birds with one stone.

Thank you for saying so. I've done the same thing and the shit ain't no joke. Amercians are a bunch of wusses. sholling See Profile forgot that all those illegals that work and collect a paycheck can not file for taxes, all those social security deductions cannot be collected at a later age unless they become citizens.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

sholling
Premium
Hemet, CA
said by Boricua:

said by TheRul:

Thank you for saying so. I've done the same thing and the shit ain't no joke. Amercians are a bunch of wusses. sholling See Profile forgot that all those illegals that work and collect a paycheck can not file for taxes, all those social security deductions cannot be collected at a later age unless they become citizens.

You mean the ones not working under the table? While collecting benefits and while we pay to educate their kids for 16 years.

BTW California has been trying for years to get the feds to reimburse California for the cost of jailing illegals. So far we haven't had much luck.
--
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--