how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Scatcatpdx
Fur It Up

join:2007-06-22
Portland, OR

More like Portecting the Net from Netflix.

I see caps as more like protecting the physical network from Netflix.
To me The message I see form Netflix is you going to have to take my traffic; if it clogs the net then tough.

dr_jack

join:2002-04-21
Irving, TX
said by Scatcatpdx:

To me The message I see form Netflix is you going to have to take my traffic; if it clogs the net then tough.

You might want to clean your glasses because you are not "seeing" the message correctly.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Scatcatpdx
said by Scatcatpdx:

Well if it wasn't for things like Netflix I wouldn't need he 18 meg connection I pay charter $55 a month for. If all the ISPs want me to do is chek e-mail, sports scores, weather and online banking I can do that with Charter's 1 Mbps tier which is $20 a month so I guess if Charter wants $420 less per year from me then fine. In fact I don't even need that since I have a smart phone and the required data package and can do all thsoe things from that so I really don't need Charter's internet at all. So that's $660 a year less from me. Let's see how long they stay in business if even a small %( like 5% ) feel the same way. I doubt a company like Charter can afford to lose $100 mil a year in business.