kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I'm New

Talk about luck - I just had my 35/35 triple installed last week and I got the 1.9 and a 7232. I can't speak to how the service used to be but for my end in the little time I've had it Verizon has more than lived up to it's promises. I play WoW on a west coast server and my lats have come way down compared to Time Warner' Road Runner which I had for about 8 years. I can run a constant 46 Mb download stream day or night and up at 33. Like I said I can't compare what FiOS TV used to be because I already have 1.9 but this service is excellent. I've had the menu lock up a couple of times when I tried to do too many things at once but I think that was more user error than the equipment. The menu choices are great and I like how you can chose from what type of menu you want (HD, Full, Mini, etc). The DVR is spot on BUT the one bitch I have is it records commercials along with the program. Yes, I can FF through them (and it works really well BTW) I wish Verizon would skip them. The FiOS HD picture quality is jaw dropping compared to TW's.

I hope you all get the new 1.9 soon because from what I've been reading it's a very cool upgrade. I know from Time Warner to Verizon I tripled my service and pay $20 less per month. You can't beat that.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Have you ever had a DVR that doesnt record commercials ?

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I thought there was a discussion in one of the forums about this and someone claimed that not all DVR's record commercials. I don't recall which ones and maybe he was talking out of turn. If they all do it then I stand corrected. I didn't bother with DVR when I was with Time Warner.

Chris351
@frontiernet.net

Chris351

Anon

Remember when Tivo first came out back in '99 and it had the capability of skipping commercials? That was quickly halted because advertisers screamed bloody murder. Ever since, DVR's record commercials and the only recourse is that 30 second skip button!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Thanks for the info. I learn something new everyday!
UncleDirtNap
join:2006-08-26
Pittsburgh, PA

UncleDirtNap to kingdome74

to kingdome74
I got it and it's mostly cool but unless I'm missing something there still one terribly important thing I miss that I had with DishNetwork....

The ability to set my favorites list as the default channel list so I don't have to see the channels I don't have or want my kids know are there.