spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PLSMRVLL
@sbcglobal.net

PLSMRVLL

Anon

New DVR won't record anything

Our DVR/Receiver died, got service out to replace it which he did yesterday (late too). The new DVR will not record anything at all...whether programmed or hitting record on the current show. Any ideas why this would happen before I spend all night on the phone with support??

Thanks,

Pat
uversegod
join:2010-10-06
Oshkosh, WI

uversegod

It could be that the dvr functionality is disabled. Does the recorded TV options come up...or are they missing

PLSMRVLL
@sbcglobal.net

PLSMRVLL

Anon

The recording screen comes up, says that there are no recordings to show. We can also view our scheduled recordings, but none of them record.

How/where does the DVR functionality get disabled??

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel to PLSMRVLL

to PLSMRVLL
I would unplug it for a minute or so to reset it, although if you were on with support, they should have suggested that first thing.

plsmrvll
@sbcglobal.net

plsmrvll

Anon

Just did that...no difference, still won't record. We had no problem at all before the previous DVR died.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

I would say AT&T needs to replace it then and if they do make sure it records before the tech leaves.
DanB7
join:2002-10-05
Marietta, GA

DanB7 to PLSMRVLL

to PLSMRVLL
just a note: try to check as much as you can before you let any service tech leave.

plsmrvll
@sbcglobal.net

plsmrvll

Anon

Yeah, no kidding...lesson learned.

SomeJoe7777
join:2010-03-30
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

SomeJoe7777 to PLSMRVLL

to PLSMRVLL
Since you just got this DVR, it doesn't have any recordings on it, correct?

If it does not, please do a disaster recovery reset on the DVR to reformat the hard drive and re-download the software:

1. Hold down the Power button on the front of the box. If you were to keep holding down just the power button, the box would reboot 5 seconds later.
2. BEFORE THE BOX REBOOTS, hold down the OK button and the Down Arrow button also.
3. The box will reboot, you will see all three LED lights on the front come on (Blue, Green, Red).
4. Once you see the 3 LEDs on, release the Power button, but continue holding down the OK button and Down Arrow button.
5. You will see a screen come up that has 1 gear on it. At this point, release the OK and Down Arrow buttons.

The box will go through a disaster recovery reset which will take 20-30 minutes. After that, the box will come up and show TV. Wait about another 5 minutes for it to download the guide and your recorded series information, then attempt to record something.

PLSMRVLL
@sbcglobal.net

PLSMRVLL

Anon

That did the trick!!! Thanks so much!!!

Pat

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to SomeJoe7777

Premium Member

to SomeJoe7777
said by SomeJoe7777:

Since you just got this DVR, it doesn't have any recordings on it, correct?

If it does not, please do a disaster recovery reset on the DVR to reformat the hard drive and re-download the software:

1. Hold down the Power button on the front of the box. If you were to keep holding down just the power button, the box would reboot 5 seconds later.
2. BEFORE THE BOX REBOOTS, hold down the OK button and the Down Arrow button also.
3. The box will reboot, you will see all three LED lights on the front come on (Blue, Green, Red).
4. Once you see the 3 LEDs on, release the Power button, but continue holding down the OK button and Down Arrow button.
5. You will see a screen come up that has 1 gear on it. At this point, release the OK and Down Arrow buttons.

The box will go through a disaster recovery reset which will take 20-30 minutes. After that, the box will come up and show TV. Wait about another 5 minutes for it to download the guide and your recorded series information, then attempt to record something.

This is good advise and should be posted as a sticky at the top of the forum. AT&T "tech support" doesn't even know this process. In once instance they did a truck roll for the tech to press those keys on my DVR.

But just a warning to anyone who has recordings on the DVR, this process will delete the entire contents of your DVR hard drive. The recording schedule, stored on AT&T servers, will be re-downloaded, however.
Mawood1231
join:2011-09-15
Greenville, SC

Mawood1231

I just wanted to let you know that I had the exact same problem as Pat did. I did as you said and it worked for me also! I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated what you did. Thanks so very much!