uniqs
share rss forum feed

valuequest

join:2008-10-16
Chesapeake, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

[request] server side bookmarks

I tend to access DSLR from various machines which makes bookmarking in local browsers difficult...

I therefore could really appreciate a function to bookmark DSLR URLs on the server side and make them readily accessible from any DLSR page that I happen to have loaded.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

Re: server side bookmarks

You mean like the minibar, or are you looking for something more extensive?

valuequest

Chesapeake, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

So far as I can tell with my level 1 access the minibar only provides iconed hyperlinks to a few pre-defined (because they are frequently used?) URLs.

I am suggesting here a function that enables the bookmarking of any DSLR URL to a forum, a FAQ, a help page, etc. for quick access to that page without having to click through several other pages to navigate to it.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
Purgatory

I didn't think there was a level requirement for the minibar to be customized. There should be a small green plus icon in the bar, when you hit that the site should present you with a popup Ajax menu to add the current page as a bookmark.

valuequest

Chesapeake, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Okay having just now discovered the mini-bar configuration page at »/prefs/minibar/config has more controls than the mini-bar configuration iconed on the mini-bar itself I see that the mini-bar function is more capable than I originally thought.

For what it may be worth I did not see the green plus icon until I changed the mini-bar location from 'old' to 'top'.

Thanks state

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
Purgatory

My pleasure!