how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Barnstormer

join:2007-12-12
Waverly, IA

Bastards

They come out and say,"Here is a free feature that you can test out for a limited time." Then they go ahead and stick to that limited time promise.. Those bastards!

firephoto
We the people
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA
said by Barnstormer:

They come out and say,"Here is a free feature that you can test out for a limited time." Then they go ahead and stick to that limited time promise.. Those bastards!

Imagine the computer in your car giving your an extra 5mpg with a special limited time feature then the dealer says the trial is over and you have to pay $20 for this feature now. Why not?
--
Say no to JAMS!

Alex J

@apexcovantage.com
reply to Barnstormer

Oh please. It's functionality naturally embedded in the device, not a "service" provided by Verizon. It's a pointless layer of additional fees, especially when users are already paying per kb.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
reply to Barnstormer
Will this affect rooted phones?

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Alex J
said by Alex J :

Oh please. It's functionality naturally embedded in the device, not a "service" provided by Verizon. It's a pointless layer of additional fees, especially when users are already paying per kb.

This i agree with, if we are paying for the data what does it matter how we use it.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
reply to zeddlar
rooted phones can download third party apps to complete the same function, or revert to the old version of the app. but the stock rooted version of this update has the limitation.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
my phone isn't rooted and can download 3rd party aps. but i don't have VZ either

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
I should have been more clear, I meant it can run apps that only rooted phones can use like wireless tethering apps

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

my phone isn't rooted and can download 3rd party aps. but i don't have VZ either

I can download 3rd party apps with my verizon phone and its not rooted.
It should say if your rooted the process of finding a 3rd party app to enable free tethering becomes easier, although i can install pdanet just fine on my unrooted device through the amazon market.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
reply to firephoto
said by firephoto:

said by Barnstormer:

Imagine the computer in your car giving your an extra 5mpg with a special limited time feature then the dealer says the trial is over and you have to pay $20 for this feature now. Why not?

Why should I when I can take the car to a shop and have them unlock it for a one time fee of $300? Especially if I have a 4 year contract ($960 paying the dealer)

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
join:2002-05-15
Attleboro, MA
reply to firephoto
I bet you would gladly pay GM $20 per month for the privilege of using your vehicle's cruise control?
--
One nation, under Zod!

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to Alex J
said by Alex J :

I have to agree with you there.... Where's the uproar over VZW charging user to make phone calls ? Or, send text messages ? Those are functions built into the phone but VZW, or any carrier for that matter, charge "extra" for.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Barnstormer
said by Barnstormer:

But its not their feature. Its the phone's feature.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
Verizon has many phones exclusive to them plus they can tell the manufacturers "remove" features 'a', 'd', and 't'.