mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
reply to flycuban

Re: Own you?

said by flycuban:

I guess verizon feels that they own your device that YOU paid for.

Maybe, or maybe it's as simple as not downloading the updates?

Matt

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
It also fixes the problem with the phone rebooting frequently, I have the phone and I needed this update, not downloading it isn't a good option, better option is to root the phone.

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
said by MovieLover76:

It also fixes the problem with the phone rebooting frequently, I have the phone and I needed this update, not downloading it isn't a good option, better option is to root the phone.

See I have the same phone, and I have it overclocked 900mhz and I don't have this issue at all, is the rebooting due to a over heating issue?

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/16265 ··· /1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
The rebooting issue was due to the MR1 radio from the last update, though some thunderbolt users were lucky and weren't effected by it as much as others. my phone rebooted every other day or so, twice while i was on a call

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
Ahh that's probably why I don't have the issue, I rooted my phone the day the option was available, and I have never downloaded any updates at all, just a few 3rd party roms based off the original. I pretty much don't download the VZW updates, I know better O:) unless there's a major issue with the device.

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/16265 ··· /1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to MovieLover76
said by MovieLover76:

The rebooting issue was due to the MR1 radio from the last update...

If that's the case, someone will pull the radio out of that update and make it available for install only, leaving out the hotspot-disabling part. This requires a rooted phone, of course.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
reply to mmay149q
you mean under clocking it right its got a 1ghz processor

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
said by GLIMMER:

you mean under clocking it right its got a 1ghz processor