uniqs
share rss forum feed

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5

$20 is NOT a "tethering fee"

It is for adding 2GB/month of data to your base tier on your data plan, if you are using tethering. Data is priced at $10/GB/month.

All they are saying is that is you tether, you have to start with a 4GB plan base at $50/month, rather than a 2GB base plan at $30/month. You don't pay extra for tethering per se. You are getting value for your $20 plan increase, namely 2GB of data.

This is exactly what AT&T did, except Verizon is $5/month higher. AT&T is at $25/month for 2GB, and $45/month for 4GB with tethering.

asdfdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com

Re: $20 is NOT a "tethering fee"

"All they are saying is that is you tether, you have to start with a 4GB plan base at $50/month, rather than a 2GB base plan at $30/month."

So we are not moving to pay per use after all? I thought we were supposed to be pricing like water and electricity? My electric company doesn't coerce me into using a minimum of 1000 kwhs of electricity per month. If you have a compulsory amount of usage you have to buy then it is in no way, shape or form a pay per use scheme.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Not sure why you're addressing me... I never called it a "pay per use" plan and it certainly isn't... it's tiered pricing. There's a base price for so much consumption per month, and tiers above that. AT&T's happen to be linear $10/GB tiers. Verizon is a little more complicated but it works out to about $10/GB above the base.

asdfdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com
"Not sure why you're addressing me"

Your post was one that triggered my thoughts, that's all. I wasn't arguing against what you said.

The rationalization that has been laid for all these pricing changes is that we are moving to pay per use and I just want us to keep our eye on the ball as they try to sell us all this bait and switch.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Sorry, I can't remember anyone saying we were moving to "pay per use" for ISP subscriptions.