how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pabster

join:2001-12-09
Waterloo, IA
reply to JasonOD

Re: Time for netflix to put on some big-boy pants....

Oh please. The content owners are nothing but whores looking for the highest bidder. They'll sell to whoever has the cash while keeping their revenue stream similar. The idea that any of this crap is 'premium' content is an idea that has been perpetuated over and over but people aren't falling for it any more. $7.99 a month I'll keep it around for giggles but much more and I'll drop the whole shebang as 99.99% isn't worth a penny.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by pabster:

Oh please. The content owners are nothing but whores looking for the highest bidder.

Yep. If Netflix is the highest bidder then they'll sell to Netflix. The studios don't hate Netflix they just want MORE than what Netflix is currently wanting to pay. If Netflix offered twice as much for Tranformers 3 than say HBO or Showtime or whatever. Guess what Netflix gets Transformers 3. Studios are going to take the money who offers the most.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

said by 88615298:

Yep. If Netflix is the highest bidder then they'll sell to Netflix...Studios are going to take the money who offers the most.

I don't believe it's a case of this situation - no service is offering more money for content than Netflix (and actually, no serious service is really competing with them on the online streaming subscription either). The studios basically just feel that their services are worth much more than Netflix is currently offering. If Netflix doesn't pony up, then they're more than willing to walk home with their ball and forgo online streaming services entirely.

TEKSAVVVYYY

@adelphia.net

the alternative of piracy is cheaper!

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

What's cheaper than free?