spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nauru

join:2011-02-02

Why is Pandora blocked in Canada while Grooveshark isn't?

Grooveshark, for those who don't know, does everything Pandora does plus a bunch of other stuff.

For example, you can skip as many songs as you want. You can play any song on demand, an unlimited number of times, without ever paying for anything. And it's perfectly accessible for users in Canada and the US (and hopefully all other citizens of earth). And it can also play customized radio that adapts to your taste.

Pandora has a much smaller library of songs, doesn't let you play songs on demand, limits how many songs you can skip, and has other limitations.

So why is Pandora blocked in Canada while Grooveshark isn't?

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms

I think the music industry forced Pandora to block certain countries. I've read a few articles and it appears that the music industry is still trying to figure out how much money they can extract from Grooveshark.

Eventually, they will probably take grooveshark to court if they don't play ball.

xtachx

join:2005-11-19
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to nauru

People dont know about grooveshark The best thing is that my office-mate, a chinese exchange researcher, is probably addicted to grooveshark!

Oh btw, grooveshark is like Youtube. USERS upload songs. so its safe for a while.

See this as well: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_on···atabases

--
Bell Canada: It is “Preposterous" that consumers should get content they want on their cellphones.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to nauru

Something for me to block at work MUahahahahahahahaha (evil sys admin laugh)

xtachx

canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by donoreo:

Something for me to block at work MUahahahahahahahaha (evil sys admin laugh)

If you were faced with an employee like me, I would VPN out 24x7. Naa I will just buy you a beer with that money to keep my mac unblocked

I love my workplace internet - 1Gbps (on every port) - unrestricted. All of us listens to radio/youtube etc while working. (my prof bought us a speaker for the lab too! )

--
Bell Canada: It is “Preposterous" that consumers should get content they want on their cellphones.

xtachx

canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Rastan

said by Rastan:

I think the music industry forced Pandora to block certain countries. I've read a few articles and it appears that the music industry is still trying to figure out how much money they can extract from Grooveshark.

Eventually, they will probably take grooveshark to court if they don't play ball.

Grooveshark needs to relocate to china or russia. Problem solved.
--

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to nauru

You can also use Jango. Although from your description Jango might be disappointing, but it works as well.