spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Chuckem
@g4.net

Chuckem

Anon

Why I'll Ditch Them

The content providers had better be careful. I tried an experiment and went without my DirecTV for a month voluntarily. What I found was that I didn't need to pay $64.00 a month to watch 12 channels. I ditched DirecTV and I'll ditch any means of content that I deem unreasonably priced. I currently use Netflix but if their price gets too high I'll ditch them. With the advent of cheap professional digital movie cameras and post-processing computers I can watch a lot of good, innovative and inexpensive content over the internet and be more entertained than watching some of these 300 million dollar "blockbusters" that hollywood puts out.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

That is a great point. The new studios will not be putting out BluRay or DVD disks. They will not be shown in movie theaters. They will not have giant expensive premieres. Content will flow from them through internet channels. Since the new studios never had all the old style overhead, they will not be paying the pension costs for all the old style overhead. The newest music created outside traditional labels is internet distributed. No expensive tours requiring flying to and fro. No promoters to pay. No arenas to fill with people. Now if we can get an internet infrastructure everywhere in the USA that supports decent bitrates for streaming, downloading, and uploading content content.
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14

said by davidhoffman:

That is a great point. The new studios will not be putting out BluRay or DVD disks. They will not be shown in movie theaters. They will not have giant expensive premieres. Content will flow from them through internet channels. Since the new studios never had all the old style overhead, they will not be paying the pension costs for all the old style overhead. The newest music created outside traditional labels is internet distributed. No expensive tours requiring flying to and fro. No promoters to pay. No arenas to fill with people. Now if we can get an internet infrastructure everywhere in the USA that supports decent bitrates for streaming, downloading, and uploading content content.

which means people without a viable internet option get left behind even farther