uniqs

TCub
Premium Member
join:2008-09-03
Olmsted Falls, OH

TCub to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler

Re: Time for netflix to put on some big-boy pants....

quote:
and everyone would only have the choice of $20 a DVD, $30 a Bluray off store shelves.
Fuck that. $20 DVD, $30 Bluray, or I'll download that shit for free. I'm not for piracy by any means - in fact I find people who pirate things to be pretty god damn annoying.. however, you make it difficult for me to enjoy your shit and guess what?

Now, I'm not saying 'oh I want all the content I want for $10 a month! it's my right!' .. I do have a pretty large iTunes library (45+ movies and over 500 TV shows) and I gladly payed for all of it and I will continue to do so. Just make it easy for me to get your content and I'll gladly pay!!!!

As for DRM, I'm sure iTunes has something on it but it's never bothered me. I've always got an iOS device (iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPad 2) and my MacBook Pro and I take responsibility and back it up.. it hasn't been an issue for about 3 years so far so... Better than watching three hours of "FBI WARNING" screens then commercials before getting to the movie....

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by TCub:

As for DRM, I'm sure iTunes has something on it but it's never bothered me.

Unfortunately, I own a wide spectrum of hardware (XBox, Windows, Android) that all have their own versions of DRM. Therefore, purchasing online for anything other than sheer convenience is almost a guarantee that it will not work on something I want it to, lol.

TCub
Premium Member
join:2008-09-03
Olmsted Falls, OH

TCub

Premium Member

Okay, I'll buy that. It works for me personally though because the platform I using is OS X, Mac which is something I don't foresee not using anytime soon! Otherwise it would be kind of silly.