how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BlackDove

join:2009-08-09
kudos:1

sympatico email

I can't get into my email anymore, when I try to login to it it takes me to a page from microsoft requesting I give it a new name for my account so it can be renamed to @live.ca

Did my email address get deleted some how?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

Just enter your old Sympatico e-mail address and password, abab@sympatico.ca and the password, and it should work.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Blackdove77

@powergate.ca

the username and password are fine, but when I login Microsoft is saying I need to rename the account to @live.ca instead of @sympatico.ca ... and all SMTP and POP3 access has been shut off to the account until I do rename it.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

said by Blackdove77 :

the username and password are fine, but when I login Microsoft is saying I need to rename the account to @live.ca instead of @sympatico.ca ... and all SMTP and POP3 access has been shut off to the account until I do rename it.

You have been migrated. Talk to the folks in the Bell Direct forum. They can often straighten this stuff out.
--

Harleyguy3

join:2008-02-01
Waterdown, ON
reply to BlackDove

Create a hotmail account

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

said by Blackdove77 :

You have been migrated. Talk to the folks in the Bell Direct forum. They can often straighten this stuff out.

I know there has been talk of force migration of users from the old @sympatico.ca email addresses for some time but that talk had died down recently I thought?

I'm still on a @sympatico.ca address (from 1998) and it would be a right royal pain to get shoved over at this point. Any idea if they're starting to try and force users to switch again?

NefCanuck

Bell Darryl

join:2010-02-15
Ottawa, ON
kudos:64

Blackdove,
If you can, please post in the direct forums and I can look into the issue for you.

NefCanuck,
We are not (and I have not heard of) any plans on doing migrations to remove the @sympatico.ca email accounts. We have eliminated the option of creating new one only.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

said by Bell Darryl:

NefCanuck,
We are not (and I have not heard of) any plans on doing migrations to remove the @sympatico.ca email accounts. We have eliminated the option of creating new one only.

I'm still using my original Sympatico e-mail addy that I created in 1994...
--

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

I've been using the same address that I set up on 2000. All that changed was my migration to the Hotmail servers. I never lost my @sympatico.ca address.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Bell Darryl

said by Bell Darryl:

Blackdove,
If you can, please post in the direct forums and I can look into the issue for you.

NefCanuck,

Ah thank you for clarifying this, after all these years it would be almost as bad as losing my home phone number (Not that I can always remember it off hand, I don't call myself at home )

NefCanuck

Bell Darryl

join:2010-02-15
Ottawa, ON
kudos:64

Someone asks me for my phone number, and I have to open my cell phone to check what it is. Someone remembering an email address that we have for years is easier.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by Bell Darryl:

Someone asks me for my phone number, and I have to open my cell phone to check what it is. Someone remembering an email address that we have for years is easier.

Amen to that, I do have an added advantage (confusion?) in that the user name for my home and email accounts is the same, just the domains are different.

Only issue becomes if I mix up the passwords to access either of them remotely

NefCanuck