FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to thedragonmas

Re: Actually this may be a brilliant move on the part of Netflix

said by thedragonmas:

the problem with that? im not going to dump streaming, im not going to dump dvd's, im going to dump BOTH! since i only watch maybe 5 dvd's a month, but watch streaming mostly. i see no point in paying $16 to do both, and i see no point in keeping one over the other (only used dvd's for dad any way, hes 70 tryd teachin him how to use the wii) so if i have to dump his dvd's im dumping my streaming.

in other words, this didnt just cost them one or the other, it cost them a customer out right.

And wait until the content studios really start sticking it to Netflix - prices ever higher and higher. They will lose me as a customer.

Yesterday, I said this would happen:
»Re: How to take billions and turn them into millions

Those who think netflix won't be greatly raising prices for bypassing traditional outlets are in for a rude shock.

--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/afe201cb84d45c88

TCub
Premium
join:2008-09-03
Olmsted Falls, OH
kudos:4
reply to BHNtechXpert

The internet: You're doing it wrong.

(If you couldn't detect a joke in that internet meme, well... I'm honestly terribly sorry.)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

said by TCub:

The internet: You're doing it wrong.

(If you couldn't detect a joke in that internet meme, well... I'm honestly terribly sorry.)

Give it up already. You were not joking until you realized that my whole post was sarcasim but by that point you had made a total ass of yourself. I even threw you an olive branch by making an ass out of myself and correcting rifleman for essentially putting you in your place and yet you are still too stupid to realize it. Go away little boy, you have some growing up to do.
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

TCub
Premium
join:2008-09-03
Olmsted Falls, OH
kudos:4

Are you done?

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI
reply to BHNtechXpert

/S I know but they don't need a reason to do or justify anything, if you want high speed internet it's likely your only choice, their way or the highway.
--
Moe, I need your advice… See I've got this friend named Joey Joe-Joe... Junior... Shabadoo..

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

said by redxii:

/S I know but they don't need a reason to do or justify anything, if you want high speed internet it's likely your only choice, their way or the highway.

Hey...all this nonsense is about to come to a head...you watch. I'll stick my head out and predict there's an ISP smackdown (both mobile and hardline) as it relates to caps coming real soon (and Karl won't be able to claim fame on this one...I just did). Yea there are some serious grumblins goling on in good quiet places about this...we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

I applaud those ISP's who have said nope...we're not even considering it. One of them happens to be my provider. But there are a few out there. I'd plug Sprint as well but they are so monkey f'd up I can't and still live with myself. It's about the only quality they have going for them.
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope

Augustus III
If Only Rome Could See Us Now....

join:2001-01-25
Gainesville, GA
reply to Wilsdom

said by Wilsdom:

Rather far-fetched. As one of the few legal high-bandwidth internet applications Netflix had a good case against caps on anti-trust grounds. All other heavy use of the internet is done by pedophiles and thieves.

a new level of stupidity on this site has been achieved.

soooooooo.. which of the 2 groups you mentioned do you belong to? inquiring minds want to know.

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to BHNtechXpert

*sigh* Those of us who've had to live with criminally low caps (I'm looking at YOU, Wildblue) have known this was coming for years. We're very experienced in the pain of monitoring family bandwidth use and all those Netflix adverts just jerk our chains even worse. Streaming, Slingbox...all those services won't really work because if you blow your cap you're throttled to dialup speed, if not overcharged.

IMHO, this slow frog-boil is what the major ISP's want. Anything too hard and abrupt after years of true unlimited usage will cause more public outcry than they want. If it were to happen all at once, THEN the public would pay closer attention and howl to congress.

I'll admit I feel a little resentment. But jealous? Not really. It's more like sympathy, knowing when the SHTF there's going to be a lot of unhappy customers out there with FIOS and really nice speed on the download, but the service has airbrakes that are the pits.

Netflix, Google, Amazon and other content providers needed to be pushing back YEARS ago.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

I dropped the streaming being i'm on verizon wireless through millinecom and the service is random at best.. I would love the streaming and would pay 8 a month for it happily. But if they are going to have to do the premium of 30 a month later on assuming I have broadband, I may have to pass depending on content vs fees..

Till then, its simply cheaper for me to have data mailed to me in an envelope than to try downloading it.. Fast too for that matter..

ZeddicusToo

@verizon.net
reply to Skippy25

said by Skippy25:

said by Wilsdom:

All other heavy use of the internet is done by pedophiles and thieves.

Wow! That is a pretty bold statement.

If by "bold" you mean "stupid", then... yep.