spc
uniqs
d1gw33d
join:2009-06-20
Clovis, CA

d1gw33d to Jeff

to Jeff

Re: Corporate Bullshit Spin

You're going to vote with your wallet how exactly? Cancelling Netflix? Considering Netflix has been putting out an extremely great value for years as well as treating customers with respect and fair pricing you want to punish Netflix for being completely raped by the greed orientated content providers?

Jeff
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium Member
join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

Jeff

Premium Member

said by d1gw33d:

You're going to vote with your wallet how exactly? Cancelling Netflix? Considering Netflix has been putting out an extremely great value for years as well as treating customers with respect and fair pricing you want to punish Netflix for being completely raped by the greed orientated content providers?

Yes, cancelling. I'll give them until their date (9/1/11) to change their pricing tier up a bit and if they do, and do it properly, I'd reconsider. Netflix had (note: tense) been putting out a good value for some time; a reason I've been a member since May of 2003. Like anything else, times can change.

I get that it's not entirely Netflix's fault. Netflix isn't my kid, my goal isn't to punish. My goal is to find the best value for me, and for my dollar. For certain, I'll be cancelling the DVD option. One or two DVDs/month (my consumption) isn't worth it. I'm cancelling the streaming as well unless their streaming library content improves. I know this is not Netflix withholding the streaming content...but if they don't have what I like, I'm leaving.

Today, there are other services and other means out there. I'm not the only one. Check out how many comments on Netflix's blog post.
gorehound
join:2009-06-19
Portland, ME

gorehound

the more who cancel poopflix the happier i am.
rifleman69
join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR

rifleman69

said by gorehound:

You're not getting your job back. Sorry.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to Jeff

Premium Member

to Jeff
Enjoy your PayTV. Guess what it's going to cost you a lot more.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to Jeff

to Jeff
I agree here. September 1st is my quit day. I'm not going to contribute to the content providers raping any more.

They are so ignorant, and turning people into pirates by doing this. I refuse to pay more to keep Netflix afloat which will give the providers no reason to actually stop raping us.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to rifleman69

to rifleman69
said by rifleman69:

said by gorehound:

You're not getting your job back. Sorry.

He's like the blacksmith that kept complaining about those damned "horseless carriages instead of being creative and start selling tires."